April 28, 2010

Flower Album


 

Hi my name is Beth, some of you may know me from the Cricut MB as thunderbirdlindy.  I want to start out by thanking Sheila for letting me guest design for her blog (I love being a Sassy Lady!).  It is such an honor, and I am very excited about it.  I hope I can live up to the creativity that is overflowing here.

The inspiration for this project came one day when I was looking thru dies on a webpage that had a lot of amazing dies, that were quite pricey.  I saw a petal album die that I decided to create my own using my Cricut, Gypsy, George cart, and Hannah Montanna cart.  I really like this album because it had one petal on every page for a total of six pages.  In order to get the petals of the album just right, I needed to get just the right heart shape.  Using my Gypsy, I looked thru all of the hearts available on the cartridges and decided that a heart on the Hannah Montana cart would be perfect.

I created a circle using George and sized it to apprx 5" then I added the heart from the HM cart at 2.52x2.43 on the left hand side of the circle and welded it.  From this I created the other 5 pages, using the group and copy feature available on the Gypsy. The first page had one heart on it, but the other pages had 2 hearts, one for the spine and one for the petal.

The above pic is only one page in my Gypsy.  It took 2 pages to get the whole album.  I offset the petal on each page so when I was done, I had an album with six petals.  I cut the base out of fed ex envelopes that I get used at work.  I only cut from fed ex material each page once.  For the cardstock I cut one page printed side up, and one page printed side down so I have a cut for the front and the back of each page.  I attached the cardstock to the fed ex album using zip dry glue(love this stuff.)  Front page to front page, back side to back side.  Below is the album before I emblished it. 

I wasn't happy with my choice of cardstock, so I recut and attached new cardstock over the album again.

I cut the emblishments for the pages using Song Bird and Picturesque.  I cut the petals by themselves and attached over the petals that were already there.I created circle frames by taking the original circle I created with George, copying it, placing it directly over the circle I copied from and making the second circle smaller on the Gypsy, this created frame that fit perfectly. I attached the frames, but left the top side open so when I get my garden pictures, I can slide them under the frame and emblishments on the page.


Here is the finished album.



I hope you enjoy this project, and as a special treat, the Gypsy file for this album will be available by going to my blog http://www.thunderbirdlindybydesign.blogspot.com/ under the cut file tab at the top.  You will only need George and Hannah Montana to cut the album out, and you can emblish it anyway you want.  If you have questions, let me know.

Beth
Post a Comment