April 14, 2010

How to make your own Doily

Good morning every one! It is an honor and  pleasure to be a "Sassy Lady" and I want to thank Sheila for inviting me to be part of her amazing blog venture. My demo today is about "making your own paper doily".


Cut a 9" circle.


Cut 2" strips of another paper. I cut 4 and had left over pieces.


Punch the edges, one side only. I used MS's lace punch.


Ink the edges softly.



Cut every two scallop. Fold them in half as if you were making a pleat.


Start gluing them unto your circle. Make sure they overlap, this way  you can follow the "circle shape".


This is what it looks like when you have glued them all the way around.


I sewed it with a zig zag stitch.



This is what it looks like after you sewed it. I did it about 1/4 ' from the edge to give it more dimension.


Voila! This is the page I made with my "handmade Doily". Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Do no hesitate to write to me if you have any questions at: beatrizguzman58@yahoo.com. My blog is called Amazing Grace and you can find me at: http://beatrizguzman58.blogspot.com Happy Wednesday!
Post a Comment