December 14, 2012

Happy holidays! This is Jeannie from Nonnas Scraps and I am so excited to be with you again!
If your life is like mine right now, your time is limited! I still have cards to get out and I want a few that I can keep -- just in case. I love the idea of using simples shapes, and this card just works with those!




White circles: 4" (two), 3" (one), 2.25" (one)
a hat ( I used Lettering Delights Christmas Photo Props)
a carrot shape (from Lettering Delights Christmas Photo Props)
7-8" ribbon
6" twine
Permanent black marker
Assorted glues
Scotch Transparent Tape
Distress Ink: Antique Photo
Red and Silver Stickles Glue


  • Cut the circles from white cardstock. Ink three one of each size (3 total) with Antique Photo ink. 


  • Crease the un-inked circle (4") 1/2 from edge:


  • Add glue at the folded line one the smaller section of the circle. Glue to second 4" circle (inked side out). This forms the card base. Open and set aside. 



  • Add 6" of twine to the back of the 3" circle with tape. Add pop dots. 



  • With the card base open and the right side up, add the prepared 3" circle as pictured:



  • Add the carrot shape to the 2. 25" circle as shown:



  • With the black marker, add eyes and "coal" mouth....



  • Fold the ribbon in half. Knot approximately 1" from the folded edge. 

  • Tape to the back of the 2.25" circle with the knot outside of the circle circumference. 


  • Pop dot the smallest circle to the stack:



  • Add the hat shape and embellish!



  • I added a sentiment in a snowflake shape to the inside that says "Warm holiday wishes!" You could use this as a holiday thank you with "Snow many thanks!" 
I hope to see you again soon, maybe on my blog! The warmest holiday wishes to you and yours! 


7 comments:

Karon said...

Love this card Jeannie - its wonderful - thanks for the fab instructions.

Amy said...

This is just darling! Love his scarf and all the little details.

Lisa said...

OMG, that is such a darling card. I love it. He's so cute. I just might have to make some of them. Thanks so much for sharing.

Migdalia said...

Soooo Cute!Sweet!
Have a wonderful Friday,
Migdalia

SherriC. said...

oh...I love love love this, I am definately going to try this one
TFS!!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This card is just as cute as can be! I love it! Thanks for the great tutorial and for sharing with us today.

Unknown said...

This is so stinkin' cute!!!! Love the step by step!!