December 24, 2012

School Scrapbooks!

Hi Folks!

It's Ian here from A Newbie Crafter!  For awhile, I have been working on a very large project.  My mother approached me and asked me to create a scrapbook for my nieces and nephews in regards to their school years.  She had several requests.  She wanted it 8.5" x 11", she wanted it to be a double layout so that one side was a folder, and she wanted certain papers.  The rest was up to me.  Oyy.  I have two nieces and two nephews.  This was a huge undertaking but I enjoyed it and loved making them for them.

The first thing is that I used DCWV Grade School and High School stacks.  I couldn't find them in person - so Amazon.com and Joann.com was a lifesaver.  :)  I also went through my Cricut cartridges and made the titles with Varsity Letters cartridge.  I loved this idea because it really ties the school theme together.  The white for the inside of the letters was way too small, so to save some sanity, I used a white gel pen and embellished them that way.  Yes, it's not the same "feel" but it gives it a little more pop.  Also - I realized AFTER I was done that the N in Oriana is upside down.  Ugh!  :(





Here are the rest of the photos.  I used several Close To My Heart school themed stamp sets to give it some more character.  The folder on the left side was punched with a Martha Stewart punch and adhered with some Scor-Tape.  The photos below are from the two boy's books, the girls have a couple different papers that I chose for them, but I decided not to post them as they are the same thing, just with a different patterned paper on about 3 or 4 grades.  














I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did making them.  My sisters will open them Christmas morning.   I hope they like them!!

Craft on!
Ian

4 comments:

Karon said...

These are fabulous Ian - TFS and a Merry Christmas.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow Ian what a fabulous prejudices they are going to treasure this for the rest of their lives, Every page is just wonderful, And what huge undertaking this was to do for your mother, I am sure she is thrilled with the results. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Unknown said...

Awesome projects! You did a great job and the recipients are so lucky to be receiving them!

Lisa said...

WOW, what awesome books. You did a fantastic job on them. I'm sure they will love them and cherish them.