December 3, 2012

Music Soothes the Soul Canvas


Hello and Happy December!!!  I am so happy to be here at She's A Sassy Lady today!!

This is Lori from ScrappinMyStressAway with a great gift idea.  I started out with a canvas, some paint, paper and vinyl and here is what I created.


I painted a 10x10 canvas with purple acrylic paint.

I tore and inked some music scrapbook paper I bought at Hobby Lobby.  I used Glossy Accents to adhere the paper to the canvas.


Here is a close up of the inking.  I used Vintage Photo ink.


I opened my Gypsy and put a 10x10 square on my page.  I opened a second layer and sized this phrase to 10.00 width x 6.27 Height to fit my canvas.


I cut out the phrase in black vinyl.

When cutting vinyl, I set my Cricut to 3-3-3 (Speed, Pressure and Blade Depth) for a kiss cut.


I used my dental tool to weed out the extra vinyl pieces.

I used transfer tape to lift the vinyl off the paper backing.  I used my cricut scraper tool to burnish the vinyl onto the transfer tape.


I burnished the vinyl onto the canvas and carefully peeled off the transfer tape.


I sponged on a little purple stickles for some added sparkle!

This is going to make a nice gift for a friend :)

Thanks for stopping by today!!

5 comments:

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Fabulous Lori - love that colour - my daughter would love this and it gives me lots of ideas for next year when I decorate her room. TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori, this is just beautiful! I love the colors and the materials you made this with...... BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much for sharing this with us today.

Java Jen's Creations said...

So beautiful!!! I love all the gorgeous detail in this project!! Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa said...

Beautiful Lori, what a great idea. Love the music paper.

Charlotte C said...

I would love to make this for my musically talented granddaughter. You have inspired me to go get some vinyl and try it - just don't know if I'd get it done this year. TFS What a beautiful job you did.