December 7, 2012

Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer

Hello This is Pam from Papillon Digital Designs & The BugBytes today on Shes a Sassylady.
Thank you Sheila for having us in your design team and allowing us to post in your fun blog!
For today I have a card for you.

This cute digi image is from instyle stamps which came along with lots of images in a cd. Love this reindeer and had to color him. I decided to experiment and get bold with the background and colored the sky pretty dark . Colored with copics of course. The dark sky is using the B6 family ie B60-B69. Then it is feathered to V0 family and finally to YR0. While using copics I generally keep a scrap paper (a piece from the same kind of paper which I color and see how the colors blend and look by scratching in that) Guess the scratch paper practice stuck with me from watercolor days as my instructor used to ask us always to try on that before putting the brush on actual paper.

Well here is the card




The orange paper is really glittery and shiny

I have used Marianna Designables on the coredinations cardstock. Love how I can cut and emboss with it. I think the one I used is DS0907.  Then I rubbed the embossed paper with sandpaper to expose the white core.I have also used EK Success swirl punch on the edge. The reindeer image did not come with a background so I just sketched the snow and tree in.  I added some white snow with opaque white paint. I did add some glitter to the snow but you cant see it quite well in the photo. Some ribbons  and rhinestones to embellish. I punched out a snowflake from a paper to add as a medallion on the white ribbon. A Teressa Collins brad on the bow and a sentiment on the label inside completes the card.
Thank you Sheila once again and thank you readers for reading this post.
 Happy Holidays

post signature

8 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Your reindeer is adorable, and the coloring, drawing - amazing. TFS.

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Super cute reindeer - love the card. TFS and have a great weekend.

Teresa Kline said...

super adorable...happy weekend!

enjoy *~*

Migdalia said...

Adorable card!Sweet image!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Your card is so festive and colorful!! I love all of the gorgeous detail!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Pam this card is just too cute! Love the coloring and the colors you chose. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Love your Rudolph card Pam!!!!

Anonymous said...

A Holiday keepsake! Great detail and just absolutely adorable!