December 29, 2012

Revisit Of The Dallas Stampede Card


This is a re-visit of the Dallas Stampede Card from when us ladies went to the Dallas Stampede. I thought I would share it again as I LOVE LOVE LOVE spinner cards.... I hope you enjoy this post.
We played a wonderful table game in Dallas. Pam of The Bug Bytes, Melissa of Melissa Made and Elizabeth of 217 Creations each designed, cut and prepared cards for someone else to put together at the Stamped. Well I liked my card so much that I cut 2 more using scrap paper just for myself. You can never have too many birthday cards!
This is the coolest card as children just love it! Everything they do is interactive so this card fits bill. It takes a little more time than a regular A2 card but very much worth the effort when you see the smile on the face of the person that you give it to.


Look at this little monkey, isn't he just too cute?


And the DCWV Animal stack is just perfect for this card design with the little monkey!!


This first video shows how to get ready for a crop or swarm, how to pack and what to pack to enable you to be productive while you are visiting and enjoying yourself. I was able to complete a 2 page layout, 2 Happy Birthday Cards, 2 Happy Birthday Spinner Cards, 2 Get Well Cards and 8 Easter cards at the Stampede as well as take an afternoon class with Teressa Collins and get a good start on a personal album! That is a lot considering all the play time I was able to get in! And I was able to do that because I took the steps in this video.


This second video is me racing against the clock. What you don't see is the little group of ladies that were passing the other slider card around and watching how to put this together. I did it in less than 10 minutes! Yeah which means my card fit with in the allotted time our little contest allowed! You see I was a little worried that the person that drew my card wouldn't be able to complete but I was able to do it. If you would like the Gypsy file for this card just click HERE (NOTE THIS FILE IS A GYPSY FILE). You will need to change the center art to what ever you prefer as the file is set up for a little butterfly. 
I hope you enjoyed today's post. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of inspiration. Your comments continue to inspire me to keep sharing with you.

4 comments:

SherriB said...

Your monkey spinner card is so adorable, Sheila! I love making spinner cards too. Everyone that receives them gets a kick out of seeing whatever you put on the spinner spin! Have a Happy New Year!

Lisa said...

That card was something else. I haven't tried making one yet. I love that it is interactive. Thanks for showing it again Sheila.

Migdalia said...

LOL..Adorable card!Love it!
Happy New Year!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

papillon digital design said...

This was such a fun card. I watched you doing it in Dallas and of course had to make one for my son.Thanks for sharing