August 13, 2011

Gypsy Made Simple - Making My Circle Monthy Challenge


I finally got a chance to enter the Circle monthly challenge. Every month they run a challenge and my schedule is such that I never get a project done. Well this month I decided that that is what we will do with our Gypsy Made Simple project. You will love this fun card as it is sooooooo easy. I used the Life's A Beach cart. The cuts I used did not have layers so this card was a breeze. But because it is a challenge we need to follow the rules.... It must be a scene and use at least 2 cuts.
I designed this card and duplicated it as usual as I find it just as easy to make 2 cards as it is one so I doubled my design and in one cut I cut out 2 cards.


This video is a little lengthy but you will learn how to put the tri-fold card together.
These are the yummy colors I chose; the shark is in gray, the base of the card in a sand color and the water is in two shades of blue, and finally the other little fish and the title is in a salmon glitter color. Love it!
I colored in the sharks eyes and teeth.

And then I bagged all the parts so that I could put them together when I had more time.


This card was just so much fun to put together and so easy it amazed me. After I made the first card and knew exactly what I was doing the second card only took five minutes to assemble. You just gotta love a card that is that cute and goes together so easy.
Above is the front panel, and inside panel of the card. It really is a great sea scene, don't you think?
 And here is my shark and doesn't he look friendly? This card offers plenty of room to write on the inside.
This photo is just a close up of the top panels, if you click on them it will make the photos larger and you can get a better idea of how shiny and sparkly this card really is.

And here is my entry. I love it and look forward to entering it in the monthly challenge. Now I challenge you to make a project any project with your gypsy just like I did... it must be a scene and have a minimum of 2 cuts. Those of you that are in the circle can share their project here but please enter it to win in the Circle challenge too as it is the only way you are entered to win the prize they are offering.
Click on here if you would like a copy of this file: Tri-Fold SassyLady Shark Card
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to share with you
Sheila

23 comments:

- - Sheryl - - said...

this is wonderful! love the colors

Amy said...

LOVE this!

Pat Bowman said...

I love this one Sheila! Thanks for sharing the file!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Love this card!! Unfortunately I can't cut anything until I get back home to my Cricut so for now I'll just design everything on my Gypsy and hopefully be home in time to cut it so I can share it and enter it in the circle challenge! Thanks for all you do!!

Barb Smith said...

Your card is one of the best creations I have seen in a long time. I loved it. Your instruction on using the gypsey was great. Thanks for sharing.

Barb from Toronto, Canada
http://barbsmithdesigns.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, what a great card!!! You always come up with something wonderful, my friend! TFS your talent and tutorial!!!

Missy said...

This. Is. Fabulous!!! I LOVE this style of card, the "Just a Note" style, yet with the Gypsy we can do whatever kind we want---yours is outstanding!!!

Kimberly J. said...

Wow Your card is so fun!! I love the shark and how you made it on your gypsy! Great Job!

Carol said...

WOW ... another fun and fabulous creation ... you get two thumbs up from me!

=)
Hugz,
Carol

Beth said...

This is so cute, I love how it turned out. Thanks for all your instructions and videos. You are a big help.

Dayna Sabrina said...

Great project! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Amanda T said...

WOW! This is such a darling card. I love the sparkle and your shark is just too cute!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love how you made the trifold into a scene. This is adorable. I may have to use this idea for my DH's birthday. He loves sharks.

Jasmine Wilmany said...

╔══════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════╗


That is such a creative card. I wouldn't have thought of using the shapes that way on a card. :)


Hugs and Blessings!
Jasmine Wilmany






I'm a Cricut Circle member too!

╚══════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════╝

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [14 Aug 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

June Houck said...

Wow, what amazing talent! Your card is phenomenal. Your elements flow seamlessly. Love it!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Sheila that is a gorgeous card. You make me love my Gyspy more and more. I made a layout for the CC challenge I finished yesterday but I don't see your linky.

Unknown said...

I think that this is my favorite card that you have made so far!!!! I love every piece of it! YOu are just sooo talented!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Thanks Sheila. I got my layout posted before I leave on vacation. Thanks so much.

RockinRenee said...

Thank you for the free Gypsy file and tutorial. This card is super cute and I am scraplifting it! =)

Glora said...

WOW, Awesome tri-fold card. One of my favorite kinds to make. This one is GORGEOUS! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Bunnyfreak said...

Thanks for the inspiration. Love how these look. Love the project it inspired me to make.

RockinRenee said...

Shelia, do you have a link up button somewhere that we can post on our blog to direct people back to you when we link up?