November 17, 2014

Artbooking Paper Piecing in Design Space






Hi, it’s Charlotte C visiting with you today.  Thank you, Sheila, for an opportunity to present a quick post.

The idea of paper piecing is not new, nor is paper piercing my original idea, however, this image from the CTMH Artbooking cartridge was perfect to create an anniversary card for my younger son and his wife.  I started out in Design Space and sized the image on Page 72 (overlay) to 5 inches.  I then duplicated that and, using the contour feature, I deleted the outer frame and inner frame of that duplicate, which left me just the tree.  I then duplicated that tree image four more times.  I used one mat to cut all six pieces in different colors by using the attach feature in DS and placing my card stock accordingly.
I neglected to take a photo of the mat, but here’s a photo of my screen with different colored trees for reference.

I created a 5 x 5 ivory liner for behind the base front, stamped “Happy Anniversary” (a generic stamp I've had for ages) and used my computer to generate the text before adhering it.  I then began filling in the blanks with the different colors of leaves and the brown trunk.  This was quick to do.  I used a paper piercing tool to etch some veins in the leaves and covered all the leaves and the trunk with Wink of Stella clear.  The photo does not really show the detail of the veins.

I adhered all that to a narrow brown layer which I edged with clear Wink of Stella too, and put the whole thing together on ivory CS as an Easel Card.  I used the negative space of the trees to stencil some leaves on the bottom panel.  The metal embellishment is from Stampin Up (I’ve had it for ages too) and the "Love" stamp is from CTMH.

Hope you like it.   If you’re interested in the Artbooking cartridge, or other CTMH products, please visit my site at www.CharlotteC.ctmh.com.  Design team members, email me for your special savings on products.

 I want to wish everyone a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. 

5 comments:

Sonya said...

Beautiful card!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This card is wonderful and I thank you for the directions as we can all use tips on hope to work our Explore. Thank you for sharing today!

Karon said...

Charlotte - this is such a wonderful easel card and love the tree! TFS

Java Jen's Creations said...

This is a lovely card!! Thanks for the great details!

Dk said...

This is adorable! Great job!