November 13, 2014

IT'S ALL GREEK TO ME!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Java Jen here from JAVA JEN CREATIONS to share some decorations and a recipe from our recent International Dinner we held at our church. Thank you, Sheila, for the opportunity! :-) Our church hosts this dinner every year to "celebrate" all the missionaries that we support throughout the year and this year I took Greece. We just do appetizer-size portions because everyone likes to sample from all the tables. I made a Garlicky Feta Dip that surprised me by being a total hit! We all just decorate our tables however we want so I kept it kind of simple by just having a few decos.
My sign before decorating it.....

A centerpiece that I made with images from the MY WORLD cartridge and the DESTINATIONS cartridge. 

Close-up of the luggage tag that I wrote GREECE on. 

Close-up of the centerpiece. 




Here is my table all ready to go!

I added some columns to my sign that were cut from the MY WORLD cartridge. 

Here is how I served the, now famous, Garlicky Feta Dip. When I say "garlicky", I mean it!! This bowl held a triple recipe and it had 10 cloves of garlic in it!! :-) 
Here is the recipe:
6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. greek yogurt
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
pinch of dried oregano
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Roma tomato, diced
Chopped parsley and black pepper, to garnish

Combine feta, cream cheese, yogurt, garlic, oregano and lemon juice in mixing bowl and process until well blended. 
Scoop into serving dish or bowl and top with the diced tomato, parsley and pepper. 
Enjoy with pita bread or chips, crackers, pretzels or french bread! 

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to check my blog in about 2 weeks because I'll be featuring lots of handmade Christmas gifts! 

JAVA JEN


3 comments:

Sandra said...

What a lovely display! Ooh, we got something crafty and a recipe. Thanks!

Dk said...

Good job!!

Karon said...

This is fabulous and I love that centre piece!