November 21, 2014

Christmas Wreath




















Hi Everyone,

Lisa from Lisa's Craft Room here for another month, thank you Sheila :) I saw Angie at Chic n' Scratch make these adorable wreaths and thought that I would make one for my mom for Christmas. It's not the traditional Christmas colors but I wanted something different. So here it is. I think now everyone incorporates different colors for Christmas anyway :) As a matter of fact the patterned papers I used are from a stack called Valentine from Recollections. So, it would make the perfect Valentine wreath too.

You start off with a 10" wreath form, I got mine at Joann's, it's white. The strips are 12" x 1 1/2". I used 21 strips. I used my ATG gun as the adhesive and wrapped each one around the form, securing them together. Once I was done with that, I tied a ribbon to hang it. I cut notches out with scissors, I started off using my square punch, but it's a 1" so it was a tad small, but the scissors worked fine. I used blue cardstock from a pack called The Christmas cardstock matstack from DCWV and punched 3 scallops out with a 2 3/8" punch, and the same cardstock in white for the circles, punch size 1 3/4". The punches are from Stampin' Up. I stamped them with the letters JOY in Pink Passion, the letters and ink are also from Stampin' Up.

So there you have it, a cute fun wreath to hang up for the holiday season. I love this wreath, because you can make it easy and for any holiday.

Thank you for stopping by, your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you again Sheila for having me for another month.

7 comments:

Sonya said...

What a pretty project!!

Karon said...

This is wonderful, Lisa. TFS

Dianne said...

Very cute wreath. Will it withsstand the outside on a door? Sounds more like an inside one, bout adorable.

Dianne Bell - Sewpro02aol.com

Lisa said...

Thank you everyone. Dianne, no it is only paper. Unless it's between doors but it will still probably fade. You could probably make one with different colors of foam, that might be better outside. :)

Charlotte C said...

Such a neat idea, Lisa. TFS.

Lisa said...

Thank you Charlotte :)

Unknown said...

Lisa your wreath looks great!!