November 3, 2014

Home Decor with Burlap

Hello!!  Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway and I am excited to be featured at She's A Sassy Lady today.  I am a clearance shopper - how about you?  I found some wood signs on clearance for a dollar each at Hobby Lobby.  I used Goo Gone to remove the decorative paper that was glued on the wood.  I spray painted the wood black and then printed some fun sayings from Silhouette onto laminated canvas sheets.

I found the images on Pinterest and traced them on my Silhouette Studio Designer Edition.  I filled in the words and shapes with black or red and printed them out.
I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink and a sponge triangle. 
I glued tiny rhinestones to the little stars on the burlap. 
These look great in my family room, but will also make great gifts!

Here is a TUTORIAL to print burlap laminated sheets in your printer.

Thanks for having me on your blog today Sheila!!

5 comments:

Boopster said...

Those are adorable. What ingenious ideas you have, madame! Thanks for the tutorial as well.

Charlotte C said...

Wow - they're awesome. I'll have to check out the tutorial. Printing I can do.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow! These are beautiful. I think these would be great gifts too. Thanks for sharing.

Karon said...

Lori - these are amazing! Fabulous idea for the perfect gift! TFS

Lisa said...

Lori, those are beautiful. Love how you can make them your own. Great job.