October 14, 2013

(Almost) No frill boy birthday card


 
Happy Monday my fellow bloggers!  This is Melody from A Splash Here and There blog.  Thanks Sheila for letting me share a project with your readers once a month.  A friend's youngest son just celebrated his birthday party yesterday and I made this card for him.  The card was designed using the Silhouette Studio and all cuts were done using my Cameo. 

This card is sized roughly at 5.5 square.  The base of the card is an card image by Jamie Koay (Design ID #38959).  I created a square image to fit inside the ornate doily and imported a dragon image by Scrappers Delights called Draco inside this square and printed him using my home printer.  I used the Agent Orange font for the sentiment inside and outside the card, setting them to print only in blue ink.  I used the offset feature of the Silhouette Studio to create the mat (in green cardstock) and created another layer for the sentiment.  Below are the cuts after I cut them using my Cameo.  


I used my Promarkers to color Draco the dragon and created a coordinating crinkled ribbon (seam binding ribbon) using a couple of Tim Holtz Distress Ink in faded jeans and some water.



Here is a closeup of the card after assemby. I added a blue button with jute twine.

 
 
 Here's a closeup of the inside of the card using the same font as the sentiment in the front. 
 

 
Thanks for looking and enjoy your week!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

What a cute image, love the dyed ribbon.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Oh my goodness, this is such a cute little card. Love the colors and the detail. Thanks for sharing today.

Audrey Frelx said...

How cute!

Anonymous said...

O wow I LOVE this card. You did a amazing job with the digi stamp

Karon said...

Wonderful card and I love the dragong! TFS

Boopster said...

Such a cute dragon. Thanks for showing us your inspiration.

Charlotte C said...

I love this - and the fact you used your Cameo. I'm in the process of learning to use the Cameo, so TFS your card today.