October 7, 2013

Broom Parking


Happy October!!!  Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a fun Halloween home decor piece.

I absolutely love Halloween.  I love decorating for Halloween, picking out costumes, planning my daycare party - everything about Halloween!!  I saw this image and just knew it would be a fun one to cut out!


I took an 8x8 flat canvas and sprayed Dirty Martini Dylusions Ink on it.

I have to say that I was hesitant to use Dylusions Ink.  I tried glimmer mist and even made some of my own, but the color was not very vibrant and it just wet and curled my paper.  My glimmer mist also got clogged a lot.  I was VERY happy with the Dylusions!!!  This is after just one "coat" of spray!

I also love how the ink is kind of splotchy for my sign back! 


I purchased this Broom Parking sign from the Silhouette online store and cut it out in black vinyl.


I used transfer tape to pull up the vinyl and position it on the canvas.  I added the Kaiser Craft rhinestones for a little sparkle!!


I removed the center vinyl oval and replaced it with a gem.

I took some black acrylic paint and painted the edges to finish it off!


I found the Dylusions Ink and Keyser Craft rhinestones from the Frosted Designs brand new online store!!!  This is their Grand Opening Week - if you want to check it out I have a discount code on my BLOG.

Thanks Sheila for having me over today!!!





6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori, this is adorable. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

Audrey Frelx said...

As always, Lori, great job! Your canvas looks terrific!!!

That ink sounds great; I make my own, it leaves big splotches and clogs too. I'll have to check this out. TFS, my sister-friend!

Karon said...

Fabulous canvas - love the colour! TFS

Anonymous said...

Very cool Halloween home decor. I was wondering how you arranged the black vinyl so perfectly using transfer tape was a great idea.

Lisa said...

Lori, that is a great idea, love the color and the sign is so cute.

Dk said...

Too cute!!!