October 17, 2014

Wood Witch Word











Hello Everyone, Lisa from Lisa's Craft Room here to share my project for this month. I also picked up another date to help out, which is October 30th, Halloween ;) Thank you Sheila for this wonderful opportunity.


OK, what do you think of this? Cute or what? I ordered these from a company called Thoughts of Vinyl, they sell tons of wooden words, this was a set. I found the company through browsing The House Of Smiths blog, I believe it was through the Groupdealz site. They too sell tons of stuff. The company cuts them out and you decorate them. How fun is that. I must say, it was fun, but was a little bit of work and took a few days because I painted the letters instead of using paper on them and I painted the whole letter, front, back, sides, you could just paint the front and leave the rest the wood, but I chose to paint the whole thing. The backs aren't decorated though, just painted.


This is how they come. The wood is nice and thick and smooth. Don't you love that the hat is the i and the cat is the h? Well, I painted the W with lime green and added orange polka dots. I used a dauber for them, then went over them carefully with a brush.



















The I (hat) was painted purple, lime green and black, I added white polka dots using the bottom of a lollipop stick, then added a Jolee's spider sticker.



















For the T, I painted it white and just added a fuzzy ribbon around it.



















The C is painted a rusty orange, I took the spider web die from My Creative Time, (Emma) cut it out and used it as a stencil. I then used rhinestones from Stampin' Up, colored them orange with a Blendabilities marker. I traced the spider webs with silver stickles to make them pop.


















The cat was painted black and I cut out a witch's hat from My Creative Time, (Emma) twice, glued it together and used a glue dot to adhere it to the cat's head.










That's my project for you today. I hope you like it as much as I do. I think it came out so cute. Thanks again Sheila :)

5 comments:

Charlotte C said...

I think it's terrific. I've got to check out that site for these. Thanks, Lisa.

Lisa said...

Thanks Charlotte :)

Karon said...

Lisa, this is so wonderful! Fabulous.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lisa this is just as cute as can be. You did a great job painting. Thanks so much for sharing.

Lisa said...

Thank you Karon and Sheila :)