March 24, 2015

Floral Sympathy Card

Hey everyone...It's Sonya from Sonya's Paper Trail.  The project I am sharing today is inspired by a Pinterest find.  I didn't copy the card so much, as I took a few elements of the card I found and made them work for what I had on hand. 

 Check it out:


I liked the wide banner cut from the original card and I liked it paired with an oval.  When I put my oval over the banner, it just didn't look right, so I offset the banner to the left and really liked the result.  Here's a tip....I really, really like this layout and plan to use it a lot going forward.  I saved the banner and ovals as a .studio file to cut out with my Cameo going forward.  I started a new file folder of card layouts like this one, so that when I am in need of a quick card, I can go back to a "tried and true" layout that I know I like.  

For this card, the patterned papers are by Echo Park For the Record 2.  The stamps are by My Craft Spot, as is the jute twine.  I added three yellow pearls, to bring out the pretty yellow tones in the floral paper.  

I hope you have a fantastic day and are able to do something creative!! 
 
Cheers,
Sonya

4 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Lovely card, and I like the idea of a file folder for card layouts. TFS.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great card, I have to make one too. I can't believe how many sympathy cards I have go through this year. I will give this one is a try.

Boopster said...

Beautiful card - I like the simple lines because they enhance the patterns and colors of the papers.

lindagk23 said...

Beautiful card! And love the idea of having card layouts saved. Thanks so much for sharing.