March 17, 2015

TUB QUEEN


Congrats on the Bathroom Reno! 

Hello, crafters! It's Grace from Grace Notes for Today, sharing my card for the month of March.

Sometimes we have those special congrats that come along in life. When the lady of the house finally gets her long-awaited dream bathroom, it is definitely cause for celebration!

Amid all the chatter about teal-coloured towels and homemade bath salts, the wheels in my head were turning. To share in my sister's joy of her newly completed bathroom, I designed this card, complete with shiny bubbles.



Tub Queen, congrats card front by Grace Baxter



Tub Queen, congrats card, angled front by Grace Baxter
This view  shows the many layers and a peak at the inside.

Card size is 6"w x 4-1/2"h.




Inside

I am not a huge collector of stamps, partly because I could never find the exact sentiment for specific themes. It was just easier and quicker for me to use the tools I already have, i.e., my computer and printer. For this card, I created the front sentiment and inside verse in Word, and changed the text colour to teal. I like the effect of using a matching font colour on my cards. Printing my own verses gives me unlimited colours of ink choices.


Tub Queen, congrats card inside, by Grace Baxter


The waves are embossed using a smaller folder from Darice. The waves just happened to be exactly the right length for my card. Don't you love it when that happens!

For the final touch, I added the cute little rubber duckie. Even a queen needs one of these little guys! (But mostly, I liked the hit of yellow.)


Cartridges Used

A Child's Year - girl in tub and yellow duck
Elegant Edges - frame and frame border on front


Have a wonderful Day. Spring is just a few days away. 

I'd love for you to drop by and see me at Grace Notes for Today.


Grace Notes for Today, logo


5 comments:

Charlotte C said...

You will make waves with this card, Grace (no pun intended). It's adorable, and the colors are perfect.

Joan Smith said...

OMG Your card is adorable and definitely classy. What a fun idea.
I love your Silhouette of the Bubble Bath queen. You really did come up with an outstanding super clever and creative idea for a card I've never seen one like this before...Hallmark has nothin' on you!! Super Great job!

YOU so ROCK!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Grace this card is beautiful, inside and out. Your sister will love - love - love this card. Thanks for sharing this with this today!

Lisa said...

Beautiful card, love the shiny bubbles.

Cocoa's Mom said...

You chose such a pretty color combination for your sister's card, Grace. Everything works together beautifully, especially the little yellow duck! TFS : )