March 2, 2015

Travel Quotes

Hello and Happy March!!!  Spring is getting closer!!!

Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a Pinterest inspired project.  I have been dreaming of travelling someplace warm with no snow or freezing rain!!!  

I have some old maps and wanted to frame them.  I have one 8 x 10 frame and one 5 x 7 frame.
I took two of my favorite travel quotes and put them on my mat.  One I traced, but the other I recreated using a font on my computer (Ballerina Script from dafont.com).

I wanted the vinyl on the inside of the glass, so I flipped the quotes and put them on my cutting mat.
Weeding the quotes was interesting! 
Once they were weeded I decided I wanted to put the images on the outside of the glass and then flip the glass over.  That way I could center the quotes to the frame.  Some 8 x 10 frames are not exactly the same size as the glass if the frame sides are thick. 
I used my clear contact paper to transfer the images to the glass. 
Next, I took the frame apart and flipped the glass over. 
The brown frames looked ok, but I wanted to jazz them up.  I painted them turquoise and coral.  Once the paint was dry, I distressed the frames with a little brown paint.
Here's to you and any future training you may do!!!

Thanks Sheila for having me over today!!!

3 comments:

Charlotte C said...

These are beautiful, Lori. I have to go check out that font too. TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori, these are awesome. So creative to put the letting on maps. Thank you for sharing today on She's A Sassy Lady.

Karon said...

Theses are wonderful! TFS