March 5, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hi Everyone!  It's Sonya from Sonya's Paper Trail and I'm thrilled to be sharing a project with you today here at She's A Sassy Lady.  Do you send St. Patrick's Day cards?  I send a few, not really because there's much significance to the holiday to my family....but rather it's a good excuse to let people know we are thinking of them by sending a handmade card their way.  

Here's one I made recently....check it out:


The large balloon is a cut I found in the Silhouette Online Store.  I tied some jute twine around the balloon and used some balled up glue dots that I rubbed between my fingers until they were just a fine line of adhesive to adhere the twine in that curly-que pattern.  I used the negative cut at the bottom of the card on that little banner.  It's always nice to use negative cuts--makes me feel resourceful!  The sentiment is a stamp by SP&Company (no longer in business).  This was an easy card so if you need to make a bunch...this is a great design to use. And, it could easily be adaptable to a birthday design!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Cheers,
Sonya



4 comments:

Charlotte C said...

cute card TFS

Karon said...

Such a great card, Sonya - love the backing paper too!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Sonya that is a cute card! With the name McShea I should send out more but I never started. If I sent to hubby's family it would take an awful lot as there are 6 in his family plus nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles. Now you understand. I do put up decorations in the house. Thank you for sharing with us today!

Lisa said...

Very cute card.