March 2, 2010

Daddy Daughter Dance




Hi my name is Beth and I created this for the Cuttlebug Challenge this week for Wall Hangings. This picture was taken before the daddy/daughter dance in February, and I wanted to create something to showcase it.

I want to thank Sassy Lady for letting me be a guest designer on her blog. Thanks Sassy.

Supplies I used were:
Bazzill Cardstock
Pattern cardstock DCWV Be Mine Stack
Cuttlebug embossing folder
rhinestones from the $ bin at Micheals
Cuttlebug butterfly embossing folders
Ribbon
Pearls
pop dots
Cricut and Home Decor Cart
MS punch large scallop border
In order to get the 12x12 card stock embossed, I had to cut into 2-6x12 pieces. I embossed using the embossing folder, moving the cardstock 3 times for each to cover both pieces. I then glued the brown ribbon down the middle to cover up the cut so it would look like one piece of paper. After that was done, I thought it needed something so I used the MS punch to spice up the borders.
The Be Mine paper stack has some awesome pattern papers in it and I found one that was already embossed and glittered in blue. It is gorgeous. I fussy cut the embossed part out to create the blue embelishments.

The butterflies were cut and embossed using the cuttlebug folder, and I used the scallop frame from Home decor to frame the picture.

I used pop dots (even though you can hardly see them in the pics) and bling to give the design more interest

I hope you like it, and once again thanks SassyLady for allowing me to post on her blog.
Post a Comment