March 10, 2010

Using Your Scraps Is Not Always Easy

These cards are made from scraps from the Pillow Box I made last week. I have been trying to use up the scraps from my projects to make cards. I discovered that was easier said than done...
I planned my card making out at home. I cut all edges so I had straight edges then used the Cuttle Bug on the scraps that did not have a glitter finish of any type. I placed the scraps in indivdual envelopes so that I was ready to hit the table with my tape runner and a little Zip Dry glue but found it hard to decide where to put on the little rectangle pieces. This was a real challenge as I did not have my cricut to fall back on away from home.

I have started to make extra flowers on every project, thank goodness as I did have flowers to fall back on!
I used my Martha Stewart stamp that I just got at Michaels with my 40% off coupon!

I used the ribbon I purchased from Snowman Lover (it just came yesterday) that matched perfectly!
I even added a few flowers to the inside of the card!
And another flower on the envelope!
Close up of the paper and the embossing on the cards.
I spent 20 minutes packaging up and another 20 minutes putting together. I am low on cards so this is a great way to build my supply back up.
I challenge you to use your scraps from your projects for cards... try to make extra embellishments from your project while making your cricut cuts as it will make it a little easier to make cards. Not having embellishments was harder than I thought it would be so I will be making more embellies in the future!
I hope you enjoyed my project today.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
I love hearing from you, your words continue to encourage me.
signature
Post a Comment