March 15, 2010

MB Circle Challenge Layout

Well Pam at TheBugBytes.com posted a challenge on the Cricut Message Board in Gypsy Chat. This is my project. When Pam announced this project I immediately grabbed the green tissue paper from Mother's gift and the green tulle with the white polkadots....
Unfortunately while doing this project I crashed our laptop when I got a virus from an email that I received from facebook.... so please don't open those links in the emails from FB, go directily to the site and open with your account by password and you will be fine. This suggestion is from Best Buy.
I made circles by tracing objects from my desk and used them as a pattern to cut.
I scrunched them up and then glued them together. First I used glue dots and quickly changed to Zip Dry glue. It took longer to dry but was easier to work with.
I glued little buttons in the center and used white diamond stickles to make it just shimmer.
When I got home I chose my photo and the paper. Becasue I am still working from our Zoo photos I used DCWV Animal Crackers.... I didn't used the top sheet, instead I introduced more tulle.
I cut my design which I will share with you after my computer starts working again! Or if I can borrow another this is just too slow today. As you can see the lime was a rough cut as it was glitter paper I should have done a 5 cut from the gyspy but I did 2 and another 2 so the lines were not perfect. I used the chalk along the edges as I didn't want to do another cut and it worked just fine.
Time to put together. I used 3 layers... as you can see below, it really gave an interesting look and helped tone down the brown and bring out the circles a little better.
I added the lime swirls, backed the photo and the circle flowers I made.
I sure hope you enjoyed my little project for this week. It was a lot different from what I normally do and it was sooooo much fun. I can't even imagince how many circleS are used in this layout! Click for Circle Page.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Thank you for stopping by today. I enjoy your comment and am encouraged by them.
signature
Post a Comment