March 19, 2010

Mommy ~ My 3+1=Success MB Project

Don't you just love giraffes? I sure do, so of course I had to have a page within the zoo pages of my album for giraffes! This week the challenge on the MB was to do at least 3 cuts plus 1 welded item using our Gypsy. This is my project, I cut out the trees twice, two sets of leaves twice, the giraffe three times but only used 2 of them, and the word Mommy was welded and cut. This is such a fun page. My paper is DCWV, the Animal Crackers stack and it works great if you are scrapping zoo or children photos.
Rather than paint or color my baby Giraffe I chose to cut out the shapes my cricut made. I then placed the darker shade under him so he would look like the actual photo of the baby I had.
I used Zip Dry glue as I didn't want any chance of him pulling apart when I started chalking him or when my grandchildren started touching.
I then cut little pieces of yarn that I used on my lion for my March calendar and applied it again with the zip dry glue. I was generous with it but careful that the glue would not seep through.
After I finished I then took a very sharp scissors and trimmed his mane so it would be even.
While he was drying I put my trees together. Note my top leaves were not the same size as the tree leaf base as I wanted the bottom to show through ever so slightly just like we see different shades when a summer breeze blows... we kind of catch little glimmers of light.
I folded the upper leaves as shown below and then staggered them.  I glued them down securely being sure to wipe off any excess glue. I do get messy.
I glued the larger tree to the paper and used pop dots on the smaller one so it would give depth to the page.
I then chalked my little guy and used large pop dots for him and placed him on the page also. I trimmed my photos and placed Mommy on the page to finish it off.
I used a little chalk to highlight the items, and I stickled the large leaves on the trees to make them shimmer.
I love his little face.... just like any little baby!
Carts used: Stretch Your Imagination, Everyday Paper Dolls, and Cursive 101. Materials used; papers of your choice, glue, pop dots and stickles.
I sure hope you like my little project today! I know I had a lot of fun planning and putting it together. Click here for the Gypsy Page File for Sassy-Giraffe.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Thank you for stopping by today. I thank you for your sweet words of encouragement, I am always inspired by them.
Post a Comment