March 23, 2010

CARDS - CARDS - CARDS - 7 In All And All From Scraps - ALL ON THE RUN!!!

These are scraps from the last month that I pulled out of my messenger bag. I have been carring them around thinking I need to do something with them yet with out some cutting from my cricut I was overwelmed. I think by now you know I hate to thow out my scrapbook page scraps soooo this it what I did. I dot out My Gypsy Woman and started cutting....
I packaged each indivdual card in a zip lock bag complete with ribbon and in some instances an envelope to match.
I completed 7 little card kits and salvaged the card that I posted yesterday from my bag too. I took 2 hours to clean my bag, cut the cards, bag them and reorganize my  'little bag of tricks' so I was ready to scrap on the run. My bag was complete with adhesives and stickles so I was ready to go.
This is all that is left from that large pile of scraps. I will just add them to my scrap box for another day.
So here are my cards.... from my March Calendar... and the little birdie is from the Stampin' Up Spring Bundle kit I got from Barb at Snowmanlovers Paperie.
This Card and mathing envelope is from the left over paper from the pillow box from MyaMagoo at Design~Create~Inspire.
This little birdie card is from Barbs at the SnowmanLovers Paperie' Spring Bundle from Stampin' Up.
Another card from the scraps from the pillow box.
I used the Forever Young Cart on this card and the paper is again from Barb, this time the Valenting Bundle.
This card is from the leftovers from the Birmingham Zoom Bird page I did a couple of weeks ago... love the DCWV Animal Crackers Stack! This was the only whole bird left on the sheet after I took the piece for the card so I cut him out and placed him on the front of the envelope!
And the flower is leftover from the Circle challenge on the Gypsy message board.
This card had leftovers from the family page and the valentine bundle and when the glue finished drying it just rolled off.
I hope you like all the cards I did today. It took an hour to put the 7 cards together after I had spent another 2 planning, cutting and cleaning up. It was a lot of fun and I feel like I really accomplished a lot. I challenge you to take a second look at those scraps and USE them. We are continually buying paper which is fine, I know I can always use more, but I have more room for at least 2 nice flat packs after getting rid of a big messy stack! Isn't it time you did the same?
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
I look forward to you comments and suggestions, I am always encouraged by your sweet words and kindness.
signature

22 comments:

Megan Collier said...

These are so cute! TFS!

A great idea indeed to save the scraps and assemble some cards! I use my CE a lot to cut many things on one mat so I'm always left with scraps. I am going to start bagging them up!

Thanks for inspiration.

MC

Nanne said...

Super sweet cards Sheila.. I have a little something for you on my blog..do stop by..
hugs
Nanné

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Those are great!!!! I wish I could be that organized!

Anonymous said...

Love the cards! I especially like the black and pink one.

flowerdisco said...

I love when we can frugal and turn our scraps into something beautiful. Wat to go Sheila....Great thinking and excellent job!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowmanlover said...

HI there Sheila!! I love the little card kits you made up! Now that is what I should have done last week, when I was overwhelmed with scraps and I just tossed them in recycling. Shame on me.
Your birdie cards are sooo cute. I am going to order myself a third set and I got the chipboard to make my own! I might need to scraplift some of them. Thanks for the mention. I have not been in blog land lately. Been busy doing paper work and resting my neck from computer and crafting strain!!

Monique said...

Hi Sheila. What a super idea, all those little bags. And then the cards you made, all so cute! Thanks for the wonderfull idea, i will surely use it!

Barb Craft said...

Girl... I want to be you when I grow up!! You're amazing and so productive!! Not only do you take the scraps, but you turn them into these totally beautiful cards anyone would love to receive... keep posting... someday maybe your organizational skills will rub off on me!! lol!!
Barb :)

2 Ducky said...

Would never have known they came from scraps unless you admitted it :)

Wonderful cards!

Jana said...

I too love using up my scraps. Thanks for sharing this helpful hint.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

How pretty are these cards!!!!! They all look fabulous and you make it sound so simple but I know they are work!!!! great job with the scraps.
Happy Tuesday!

Maria said...

This is an awesome idea. Your cards are all wonderful!

EAS Creations said...

Sheila these are fantastic! What a awesome idea!!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Sheila, how wonderful! I told you already I was starting to save my scraps because of you and now I'll be making little kits. What a wonderful idea!!!

Sharon said...

Awesome card kits!! Such a wonderful idea. Wonderful cards!!! :)

supermom said...

wow, this is so cool. i am so impressed that you used your scraps, that is way cool. mine just sit in a basket. and, my oh my, you know how to work the Gypsy! I need to take some lessons from you. Your work is amazing!

shari said...

Your cards are awesome. What a great idea! Shari (cricutrookie)

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Great cards!!! I love to use my scraps and always check the container I store them in before cutting a whole new sheet of paper. TFS

Terry

Java Jen's Creations said...

I love using my scraps too!! What beautiful cards you created!! Thanks for sharing!!

Lissanne said...

OMG, these cards are sooo cute!! I may have to start making some cards now and stop throwing my scraps away!!

Cindy McVey said...

Sheila, you always inspire me! Go to my blog today - there is a surprise there for you :)

Debbie said...

Your cards are amazing and you are just too darn organized! Love the little birdies!