September 28, 2011

Another Banner

Hi everyone, Beth from thunderbirdlindybydesign here to show you my entry for the new HSN Banner Contest that Provocraft had for another launch of the E2 last Monday 9-26.  You need to make a banner that spells CRICUT.  I made 2 banners and this is the second one.  I started with my Imagine and using a fall paperstack I got last year, and flower shoppe cricut cart, I cut 5 sets of  flowers that were 3 inches for the bottom layer and then all the corresponding layers.  I layered them and set them aside.


I then took Straight from the Nest and did Layer Shadow on the Leaves, sized them to 5.15 real dial size and cut 4, I ran them thru my Sizzix with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  I set these aside.  I used the same cut and cut out of cream and gold cardstock smaller leaves.  I cut a whole 12x12 page of these and set them aside.

I used Country Life to create the Banner Base, Glittered the edges of white crepe paper and pleated them into Rosettes using a needle and thread.  Using CTMH Art Philosophy I cut 6 labels sized to 2.67 wide x 1.66.  I ran these thru my Sizzix. I cut the words Cricut out of shimmer cardstock from the same stack using CTMH Art Philosophy.  I attached all this to each banner.  I strung the banner on thin ribbon and then cut addnl leaves that I ran thru my Sizzix to the top of the banner using hot glue.  I set this aside.


Using Sweet tooth Boxes, I cut the ice cream cone in 3 different sizes and put them together to look like pumpkins. I took the cone part of the ice cream cone and sized it much smaller then the scoop cuts, I assembled it and used as the stems on the pumpkins.  After the "pumpkins" were assembled.  I inked all of the sticky out edges.  When the pumpkins were all done, I tied raffia in bows and glued to each stem.  I set these aside.



After I had all the pieces cut, it was time to assemble my wreath.  I took ribbon and made the bow at the top.  Wired and hot glued it to the wreath.  Then the pumpkins were glued to the bottom to resemble a pumpkin patch.  I started adding flowers and the small leaves to cover the gaps the pumpkins made.  I attached 2 of the larger leaves to each side of the pumpkin/flower patch.  I finally added the banner last.  I felt it was missing something at this point, so I gathered more rafia and glued in bunches at each end of the "patch".



I hope you like my entry.  Please disregard the paper towel that is stuck in the bow, I took the pics of the wreath in the car on the way to the post office.  I did not want the bow to get crushed on the way to Utah. 
I was please how it turned out, and would like to have kept if for my house.  Thanks Sheila for having me as a guest designer today.  Until next time, Beth.
Post a Comment