September 30, 2011

Halloween Glass Block

Hi everyone, I am LaShavia from thecraftypinkbutterfly.blogspot.com. This is my first post of hopefully many more and I am kind of nervous but here I go. First I want to thanks Sheila for giving me this opportunity and being so nice and helpful to a new blogger like me.
I thought that I would start with something Halloween so we can all get our decorating started.
The block started of clear (from ACMoore) so I used Rust-Oleum Frosted Glass spray to give the glass block the frosted look.

To decorate the block I used Avery clear sticker paper (from Walmart) in my Imagine to color and cut my images.
For the Happy Halloween I used Celebrate with Flourish for the cuts and All Wrapped Up for the color cut at 2 inches.
 The tree is also from Celebrate with Flourish, colored with All Wrapped Up cut at 4 inches.
The last cut is from Holiday Cakes also colored with All Wrapped Up cut at 1.2.
It was so easy to put the cuts on the block I did not need to use transfer paper.
Once I good all the pieces on the block I put a sting on battery operated lights in the block (see picture above,got them from ACMoore).
So there is my first project, I hope you like it and please go over to my blog to follow me and check everything out. I am new so any comments or advice you can give me would be appreciated.
I also want to give a big thank you to Bobby , the Sassy dude for all his help and advice.
Thanks and I will see you next time.

12 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Shakey, great project just in time for Halloween. Thanks for the great tutorial so we too can make this decoration! That was great that you din't even need transfer tape. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Bamabel said...

This is so cute! Very festive!

Unknown said...

Love the glass block!!! I have 2 of them staring at me and I have a big block on what I want to do with them!!! I love the frosted glass look!!!

Unknown said...

lovely project Shakey !!
Thanks for sharing your technique
Hugs
Adele

Dan and Heather said...

What a great idea. Thanks for the tutorial, I will have to give this a try.
Heather

Cricut Couple said...

OMG!!!! Shakey!!! I knew you would do a great project, but this is SOOOOOOO cool!!!!!! I am so excited! Can't wait to see more! I can't believe the short amount of time you've had your blog and you already have SO much amazing content! YAY!!!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Great project!! I have been wanting to do vinyl on a glass block for quite some time now and this inspires me to get busy! :-) Thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

Awesome project, I've always loved those blocks. You did a great job.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh this is fun!! What a great way to decorate for the holidays - I love it!!
Hugs,
M

Stacy said...

I absolutely love this! Never thought of that idea with the Imagine, but I will now.
It turned out great
Hugs, Stacy

Angi Barrs said...

Love love love this fun project. Gotta go get some of those glass blocks now. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Fun-fun project, Shakey!!! Great job!