September 6, 2011

Easy Halloween Cards

Isn't this just too cute!!! I love the bright colors and look Kristy (Craftin' On My Door) I even used tulle just like you suggested!!! I needed to make some quick cards for my grand children for Halloween so I made this quick and easy Z card. Note I made their cards at work on my break! Don't you love it?  I love that I made this card the old fashioned way.... no Cricut. As a matter of fact I am entering this in Emma's throw back Thursday challenge at My Creative Time.
I decided I am not going to be like last year and rushing and not getting all the things I need to do for the holiday so I am using the KISS system..... keep it simple Sassy! 

First I took a basic 8 1/2x11 and cut it up the middle so that I would have a 4 1/4x11 inches. Then I folded it in half and brought up the left side on itself again at the half way point as shown. Score all folds and the card will look like a backwards Z.


I purchased this wonderful card stock stack by My Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby during their half off paper sale. The papers are just yummy and are 8 1/2 x11... just perfect for making cards.


The stack had this great page with 1 1/2 inch square designs on it so I just cut what I needed by hand for the center of my card.

I then took 1 sheet of patterned paper and cut 2 pieces at 4x5.25 inches and 3 pieces at 2.50x4 inches.

Then I adhered to the front and back of the card leaving the section on the inside for a sentiment to be stamped and for signatures.

I then cut out one of the squares from the tag sheet in the stack and some striped paper just about 1/4 inch larger. I also cut out some of the sparkly tulle (thanks to Kristie's reminder to use tulle. She is from from Crafting On My Door).

It really add bling to a plain and simple card doesn't it? love all the sparkle in the tulle.

Then I placed Zip Dry glue on half and adhered it to the front of my card. So, so easy!

Now wasn't that easy? Anyone can make these cards with just a few sheets of colored paper. I like that I can make them on my break at work because there is no equipment just ATG gun, paper, scissors and tulle.

 Here are all ten cards lined up. They worked out great all I had to do was stamp the snetiment on the inside of the card and sign with a white gel pen, it was just so easy.

 Click on photos if you would like to see a close up of the card.
Yup, just as cute as can be and in less than 5 minutes you have a card. I made ten in one hour! ANYONE can make these and they would even be great to make with your children.
Hope you liked today's little project. Thanks for your sweet - sweet words. Your comments continue to inspire me. Have a BLESSED day.
Sheila

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! These are just the cutest cards! The tulle is just the perfect touch!

Dan and Heather said...

These cards are just too cute! Love the tulle. I will have to give this a try. I have all the supplies. Thanks for the great directions.

Jamie - oohLaLaPaperie said...

Wow!!! So super cute. You did an amazing job with this set!

Jamie
Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

Cricut Couple said...

Oh Sheila, These are just WONDERFUL! I can see where you can really bust out a lot of them, but the details are all there! Love it!!!

Granny said...

This is the type of card I need to make as I have 13 grand children! I am getting the paper out! TFS

papillon digital design said...

Very very cute Sheila! Love this quick card idea. TFS

My Creative Time said...

WOW!!! ALL of your cards are FABULOUS!!!! Thank you for participating in our challenge!!! You did an AWESOME job my friend!
Big Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful cards and they look so easy to make. I have to try this. TFS
Sue

Lisa said...

WOW Sheila, great job. Love them all. I have to get some tulle. See before we had our cricut and gypsy, that's how I used to make cards, just with what I had. Sometimes it takes a little longer using the machines but of course the cuts are amazing. Making cards is so much nicer then buying them, they are getting so expensive and when we make them, they are extra special ;)

Candy said...

Your cards are fantastic!! To look at them you would think you spent a lot of time and effort. But, 10 in an hour. FABULOUS!! Great job!!
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

super duper cute! I love the sparkly tulle, it just adds so much! thanks for playing with us at My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge!
liz :)

Bunnyfreak said...

There is a Butterfly award for you on my blog.
http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com/2011/09/butterfly-blog-award.html

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [07 Sep 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Snowmanlover said...

Very cute! This is the same style I used for my halloween card last year! Love the paper you used

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, you always make such cute cards!!! I love the tulle too!!!

Charlotte said...

Sheila, These are just the cutest ever! i love the tuile you added. It is the perfect touch. I am headed to Hobby Lobby to get some of that cute paper. I want to make cards just like these for my class this year.
We need to get together soon.
Charlotte

GabyCreates.com said...

Great cards and use of the tulle!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

These are SUPER Cute!!! I love each one and those fun designs! TFS!
Hugs,
M

Carol's Creations said...

Love all of these and thank you so much for the details in how you created them. I really love your simple but elegant design!!!