August 15, 2013

2 CUTE 12X12 Scrapbook Layout Featuring Artbooking Cricut Cartridge



Hello, Donna Lee here from StampinnscrapinwithDonnaLee.wordpress.com! Welcome to my Stampinnscrapin Studio. I am so glad you've stopped by today. I have an adorable layout to share with you that I made using the Close To My Heart Artbooking Cricut Collection. We are still working on keeping it simple for summer and this layout is super simple and speedy to make!

I started with a 12X12 piece of Kraft card stock as my background. I went to page 58 of the Artbooking manual and set my dial to 11". I cut using the overlay button with my pressure on Max, my speed on high, and my blade set at 6. I cut this overlay using a piece of Bazzil Bling card stock. It cut perfectly.



Next I cut the Photo Mat 2 feature on page 74 at 11" using the shift key. This photo is sized to use it with a 4X4 photo. I just love the bows on these photo mats on this page!



Next I cut the Photo Mat 1 feature at 11" with the shift key to get the 4X6 photo mat on page 74. I wanted these adorable bows to really pop on this layout so I found some printed yellow card stock from DCWV in my stash and trimmed a piece to fit behind the bows on these two frames.



I lightly traced the outside edges of the bow with a pencils and then fussy cut it about 1/8" on the inside of my trace lines all the way around. It fits perfectly under my bows and really adds to the layout.



My title was cut using the Artbooking font. The number 2 is cut at 3" using real dial size. The word cute is cut at 2" with out using the real dial size feature.  Here is the <a href="http://youtu.be/0LfLKeHR8-M" target="_blank">link to a short video</a> for this layout.



Thank you for stopping by today and a big thank you to Sheila for allowing me to share with you! I wish you a blessed and crafty day!

Donna Lee

4 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Lovely layout. I had thoughts of doing an Artbooking layout for my post. So glad I see you did one. Great cartridge.

Karon said...

Such a fabulous LO - love the background cut! TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is a great page. Love the detail of that mat, I bet this page will look great with your photos in it. Thanks for sharing today!

scrapnlifeaway said...

love the bow on the frames with the yellow behind it!!