August 2, 2013

You make me smile everyday

Hello
This is Pam  from TheBugBytes and Papillon Digital Designs today on She's a SassyLady
Thanks Sheila for having me as one of your DT
Today I have for you a spring card.
I first saw this on facebook in whimsy stamps page. The designer had mentioned springy card or spring card. So I had to try one. I googled and got this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZUA2nzVCVo
So here is my version



The sentiment is from paper trey ink. 
Now if you use 6 x 12 inch then the diamond at the top is 4 inch. So I calculated that if you want 6 x 6 diamond you need 8 x 16" (you can cut one piece of 8 x 12 and another 8 x 8 and just overlap a 4" to get the 16") . 
Same card just scoring at 4" interval score instead of 3".


I have the svg file in my blog - http://papillondigitaldesigns.com/2011/05/svg-files.html for you (under the tab) if you want to use it in a die cutting machine.

Hope this inspires you to make a spring card.

post signature

8 comments:

Karon said...

Wonderful papers and lovely card design! TFS

Anonymous said...

Lovely card/envelope combo!

Boopster said...

Clever folding is so interesting. The intricate doily details are very nice, too.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Pam this is such a beautiful card. I love the unique fold. Thanks for sharing today!

Charlotte C said...

Beautiful card, and thanks for all the information to create it.

Lisa said...

Beautiful card Pam, love the papers and style of the card, I always love to try new ideas,

Unknown said...

What a wonderful card Pam!! I love all of the details you added!!!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

What an awesome design, Pam! TFS. I definitely would love to try this.