August 12, 2013

Aloha gift bags



Aloha again, She's a Sassy Lady readers :) !  This is Melody from A Splash Here and There blog and today's my day to share my project here.  Thanks, Sheila for giving me this opportunity once a month to share with your readers.  As some of you know, we just got back from a wonderful trip to a couple of the Hawaiian islands (Kauai and the Big Island) a little over a week ago.  After unpacking I finally found a few of the little trinket souvenirs I bought some friends and family members and I wanted to present them in nice little gift bags.

This project was achieved using the Silhouette Cameo, printed using my printer and diecuts were achieved using the Cameo.  Below are the pieces I needed after printing and cutting.


The "Aloha" title and the flowers were images by Sophie Gallo (Design ID #34443).  I ungrouped the images then sized them to fit inside a rectangle sized at 8.110 x 4.980.  Since I was in a hurry I made the images inside this rectangle to print only.  I also used the internal offset feature to create the faux stitching for me.  Then I copied the bottom flower and cut some in pink cardstock.  Then I cut a green mat sized at 8.25 x 5.125.  


I used some foam mounts to attach the cut out pink flowers on top of the one printed on the front for some dimension.


Then to finish off the bags I added a piece of burlap and glued some glass half pebbles and a seashell to each bag.  These bags were so easy to make.  Hope you liked my project today and hope you all have a wonderful start to your week. 
 

7 comments:

Charlotte C said...

I really like your project. The bags are so pretty and I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled.

Karon said...

These are gorgeous!! Fabulous little gift bags. TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These little bags are just darling and I know the recipients really felt special when you gave them these! Thank for sharing.

scrapnlifeaway said...

these are so cute!! I really love the texture of the pebbles!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Love, love, love these bags!! Great job!

Unknown said...

Love these bags!!!!

Sandy Hentzel said...

Love the bags, all the little embellishments are great!