August 19, 2013

GYPSY "Triple Stamping"



Hi, everyone.  It’s Charlotte C here.  Thank you, Sheila, for letting me visit again. 

Summer has been very warm and very busy, as I’m sure it’s been with you, but in spite of the heat, I really have suffered a brain “freeze” on what to share – until just yesterday.  I love the look of cards with triple stamping.  I know that technique has been presented here before.  But while I love the look, I really don’t like cutting all those pieces of card stock you need in different sizes, and I found that out firsthand when I created a triple stamped birthday card for one of my daughters-in-law a couple weeks ago.  So I turned to my Gypsy lady, as I usually do, and in very little time I had a template for both the stamped layers and solid mats and she does all the cutting.  Only thing I used my cutter for was the actual card base, and I could have had her do that too!  Next time.


For an A-2 card, I set up three rectangles one on top of the other which represent what will be stamped.  I used Real Dial Size and unlinked the little thing between the width and height.  Do Not Weld These.  Rectangle sizes are 4.00W x 5.25H; 3.00W x 4.25H; and 2.00W x 3.25H.  Once they’re centered (or maybe not so centered as I noticed on mine when I took pictures  lol) you just let her cut.

For the two solid mats I created another layer on my G and cut one at 4.5H x 3.25W and one at 3.5H x 2.25W, again Real Dial Size and unlinked. This I what my screens look like on my G.  


Then I went a step further and thought, why not used some patterned paper instead of stamping?  My first attempt was the green card here.  The paper’s from my stash and I’ve had it forever.  But because the print is small and so spaced out only some images actually carry over to the next layer.  I pop-dotted some of this and added a frame cut from Artiste which is also pop-dotted.

I was okay with that, but I had a scrap of some very bold floral-like card stock and when I cut that I loved it.  That’s from DCWV, The Blue Citrus Stack.  And the occasional glitter on it (which isn’t showing) was a plus.  The bird is actually a 3-D sticker from K&Company.
 


But to be true to the actual technique of triple stamping – I did just that.  However, I did the stamping before I removed the cuts from my mat, and stamped the sentiment directly on the top layer.  I just placed a mouse pad underneath the mat so I could give it some pressure.


I finished off the card with some enamel dots in some of the flower centers.  


Now I can create one of these cards in a jiff. The hardest part will be deciding whether to stamp or use patterned paper and then choosing mat colors to coordinate!  Isn’t it always the most time-consuming aspect of any project, picking out papers and card stock?!!

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your summer.



13 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Charlotte this is wonderful!!! I never thought of doing anything like this. LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing.

scootingranny said...

I've used this technique with stamping and honestly never thought of using my cricut to cut the paper... Makes fabulous sense. TFS!!

Karon said...

OMG this is amazing - love love how you stamped the paper then cut it! Now why didn't I think of that LOL! Fabulous and thanks for sharing!

Nana said...

FABULOUS. Love your techniques.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

scrapnlifeaway said...

what a fabulous idea!! love the cards!!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

I absolutely LOVE this technique!! I can't wait to try it myself!! Your cards are beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

That's a really nice look!
Evelyn

Brenda Wooten Porter said...

this is so awesome!! I love how you showed us several ways to do this!! I love this technique!! thanks

Pam said...

New follower. And I LOVE your blog! : )

Pam
@ www.pjstreasures.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I do this technique often. I have all the measurements written done for cutting. Why have I never thought to do this!!! Genius !! Stamping while still on mat!!!! Fantastic !!! thank you so much for sharing. I would like to share your link on my blog !!!

Lisa said...

Great cards. Love the idea of cutting them on the Cricut, that would save so much time. Love the pattern paper idea.

Charlotte C said...

Thank you, all, for all your comments. I'm humbled. Barbara Himelman, if it's okay with Sheila, it's okay with me to share this on your blog.

Brenda said...

Well isn't this just a fabulous idea?!! Love this and love the idea of pattern paper too!