August 28, 2013

Teddy Bear Invasion 101

Hi Friends!  Sandy from Scrapbook Blessings here to show you another card tutorial for She's a Sassy Lady.  I have been on a teddy bear kick lately and was inspired (link is below) to make every bear on the Teddy Bear Parade cart from Cricut. So I wanted to show you my little tips in making a lot of diecuts for future projects in a short time.

Here is my Inspiration Bear...


So let the teddy bear assembly line begin!!!!

  • You need a bear (cut at 3"), glue pen, black scrap card stock, pink and tan color pencils, white gel pen, black sharpie



  •  Using the sharpie marker, fill in the nose, draw the mouth and the ear creases all following the cut lines on the die cut


  •  Flip the bear over and adhere a piece of the black card stock over the eye holes (tip: no one is going to see the back so you don't need to waste paper and cut another place bear in black unless you want a shadow, just use scrap pieces. I do this ALL the time)


  • Using the color pencils to color in the ears and muzzle (tip: if you are doing a lot of die cuts that have little pieces, try to find another medium to create the details ie: pencils, markers, stickles, etc). I think the color pencils give the bears a softer, "fuzzy" feel


  •  Using a distress marker or fine tip marker, draw the muzzle line that you see on cuddly little creatures. and the while ink gel pen to for the eyes and nose. I think it gives the bears a little dimension (tip: the BEST for details is pigment ink white pen by Singo. I have tried others and they just leave me frustrated)


 There you go a ton of little bears for my parade.  This is a great idea for mass quantities for any die cuts.

Now all I have to do is put my little guys and girls into a baggie and as I want to make a card, just pull one out and decorate. (Tip: save your die cuts, even the "mistakes" like the wrong size or color, etc. Put them in a baggie and toss them in your embellishment/sticker draw. When you want to do a quick card, pull one out and there you have instant die cut without getting your machine out)

Here is my little example bear made into a card. He is the New Year Bear.

This guy was made by my little girl. She was watching mama make these and I just couldn't be stingy, lol. So I gave her one to decorate. Using my scrap pieces, she designed his outfit.

Here are a couple of other cards that I have recently posted on my blog for My Crafting Channel Teddy Bear Series.




Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,
 

7 comments:

DIANA L. said...

This is so cute Sandy- I'm lovin' all the bears I need to pull that cart out and make at least one.
you could enter this in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes August Linky Party. Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Erika said...

Thanks so much for the tips! I just bought this cart and can't wait to try out the ideas.

Karon said...

These are all so super adorable! Love them little bears :-)

Charlotte C said...

All your bears are so cute. Thanks for all the tips.

Sandra said...

This is such a great post. What a fast and effective way to produce a bunch of cutouts for later use. TFS

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Sandy your bears are too cute! I always cut extras too and "save" them for later use - problem is that my dtr gets to them before I do LOL. Thanks for the wonderful tips on decorating the bears.

Java Jen's Creations said...

Cute, cute, cute!! This is one cartridge that I don't have yet! I keep thinking that the clearance price will drop at my Walmart but I don't think it's going to so I'll have to bite the bullet and just buy it! Love those teddies!!