August 8, 2013

Welcome Baby card

Hello everyone! Java Jen here from JAVA JEN CREATIONS to share a simple little card with you. Thanks, Sheila, for giving me the opportunity once again!   A friend asked if I could make a card for her to give with a hand-knitted afghan that she was giving to a friend and wanted a verse from Psalm 139 inside because it seemed fitting since she knit the afghan! :-) I decided to give my Cricut Gel pens a try to just write the verse instead of handwriting it or cutting it out.  I designed everything in the Cricut Craft Room, which, by the way, is great for typing text when you want to use the markers or gel pens.

"Welcome Little One" was cut at 4.5" from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2.


For the phrase I used the font from Extreme Fonts and sized it at .5".  I had to make this card kind of quick so I wasn't really happy with my font choice but it worked for my first try.

I love to use my little blog stamp when I giving a card as a gift. :-)

Thanks for stopping by to see my quick little card! I'm anxious to get back into some more in-depth crafting when things slow down a little! Ha! What am I saying??? I can dream, at least! :-)

6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great card. The gel pens worked really great for the sentiment in this card. Thanks for sharing today!

Karon said...

A wonderful card! I also love you blog stamp!! for the back of your cards.

Boopster said...

Sweet with a perfect scripture. another great use of gel pens. Thanks! Where did you get your blog stamp?

Java Jen's Creations said...

It's been awhile since I bought it so let me do some checking and I will get back with you! :-)

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Cute little card, Jen! So sweet!

Sandy Hentzel said...

Such a nice card, love the scripture!