August 14, 2013

Vintage Flower Tag




Hi!!  This is Leslie from http://scrapnlifeaway.blogspot.com/ !!  Today is my day to share a creation with you!!  Thank you Sheila for having me!!  This is my take on a vintage flower tag!  It was so much fun and easy to do and I used some of my favorite “stuff”!!  So, on that note, let’s make a tag!!







I started out with a standard shipping tag (4-3/4 x 2-3/8).  I actually bought some at the office supply store, I got 100 tags for just a couple bucks.  On days that I have more time I will cut a bunch out on my cricut as well!  There are so many carts with really cute tags!  I sprayed the tag with two different glimmer mists. (My favorite "stuff" to play with!)  Olive green on the top of the tag and gold on the bottom.  (hint:  I keep a large pizza box on hand when spraying my glimmer mists!  It saves me on having to clean any mess I make)  I then gave the tag a quick dry with my heat tool.





I knew I wanted a sentiment on the tag so I pulled out my big book of stamps! (I will have to pull that out for all of you sometime!)  I found a nice sentiment and flowers in the Treasured Memories stamp set by CTMH.  I used Vintage  Photo Distress Ink by Tim Holtz to stamp my sentiment and Iced Spruce Distress Ink for the flowers.  I also used my little dauber thingy (lol) to distress a flower I found in my stash.

It took just a few moments for my ink to dry on the tag and on the flower.  Then I used my handy dandy quick dry adhesive and glued the flower down onto the tag.  I also grabbed my Prima branch bark chalk and chalked the edges of the tag.  When I am doing a “vintage look” project, I make sure to let the chalk actually bleed over onto the surface to help me achieve that worn look.  I grabbed a 6 in. piece of twine and tied it on the top and there you have it!!




You can do so many things with tags!  They are great for journaling, but I think a tag like this would look so pretty on a bouquet of dried flowers or used as an embellishment on a vintage layout!!  I hope that my little creation encourages you to create some of your own tags!!  Have a great day everybody!!  Go forth and create!!!

9 comments:

Sonya said...

So very pretty!!

Unknown said...

This tag is gorgeous!!!! Love the stamped image at the bottom!!

Charlotte C said...

Very pretty tag. TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Leslie what a great card love the distress look to it and of course you know I love that stamp. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Sandy Hentzel said...

Beautiful tag, love all the distressing!

Karon said...

Fabulous tag - love it! TFS

scrapnlifeaway said...

thank you ladies so much!! your words mean the world to me!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

What a simply beautiful tag!! I absolutely love it!!

Boopster said...

Thanks for sharing your ideas - the colors are yummy.