August 23, 2013

Artbooking Makes Altering A Composition Book Easy And Fun!




I had so much fun using my new Artbooking cartridge to alter this notebook. Join me as I take you step by step through this process so you too can have a wonderful new journal to use. Don't you just love these yummy papers? They are from DCWV the wonderful Lemon Flowers stack. I love how nice and bright they are and would love to get another stack but I haven't found it yet.


This is how the front of the book looks with the pearls and flower attached. Isn't it beautiful?
 



You can see how easy it is to make the pages with CCR. Remember I just turned the real dial size on and then adjusted both sides height and width to get the actual size I needed.


To make the pocket I used terrifically tacky tape or red tape as it is also known so that it would hold the sides and bottom securely.


This is how the two pages looked folded down before I adhered the colored paper to it to form the pocket.


In this photo you can see how I folded the 2 pages to adhere the round divider and it look great when it was done.


Notice I put plenty of zip dry on it.


Then I covered the whole surface to hold the opposite side.


It was simple on the full sized dividers as you could just glue the dividers onto the 2 glued pages. Note I did glue the two pages together before I adhered the divider.


Look how nice this looks.

As you can see it really brought beauty to this book.


Don't you just love this paper? I am going shopping for some flowers and pearls I really think it will add something to the cover.


Here is the glitter divider and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this page.


Here is a close up of the inside cover of the book, notice the wonderful pockets to hold extra goodies. I originally estimated that I spent $25 to $30 but it came in less. I spent $1 on the book, $7 on paper, $7 on glue, $5 on pearls and $2 on the flower for a total of $22. Still a little steep for a composition book, but I am worth it! LOL


Close up of the divider.


Close up of the cover embellishments.

 
And another close up of the cover.... I just love how this turned out.... It was for a gift and I decided to keep it!
I hope you enjoyed today's post. I know a lot of people alter their composition books this time of year but I haven't seen anyone use the Artbooking cartridge and I really believe that it helped add a lot of dimension and gave it an elegant look.
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to continue share with you. Have a blessed day!

14 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Sheila just tried to watch your vid and it tell me it's private. Will try again later. my art booking cart should b here early next week.

BethAnn M said...

Sheila, the photos look great! I couldn't seem to make the video play, though; it just says it's "private". Great job, though. BethAnn M.

Karon said...

It is fabulous - gorgeous and wonderful idea for the dividers. I couldn't watch the video though, it says it is private? Have a great day. TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Thanks ladies for telling me.... it is public now.

Boopster said...

So pretty. Wonderful ideas.

Brenda said...

Oh my Sheila you book is just beautiful!! I love that stack of paper and I love the flower and pearls on the cover! What a fabulous video too!!

BethAnn M said...

Video is great, now! I never would have thought to do this myself. DCWV has a site called DCWVdeals.com, where they sell their products at discounted prices. I bought a huge 300 stack of solid papers, which match their prints for around $20.00. This could really help keep the price down for everyone. BethAnn M.

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous book Sheila, love all the beautiful papers and embellishments. We all need something pretty :)

scrapnlifeaway said...

Lovely!! I've been doing composition books for all the young ladies in my life to use for wedding planning!! I use my ATG adhesive and they have all stayed very nice!! Also, Staples is having a sale on compositions books! 10 cents each!! I just use paper from my stash and you could use liquid pearls!! But your detail on the cover is just beautiful!! And the dividers and stamping on the pages are wonderful!! As always, you do such a great job!!

Leah said...

SO pretty! I love the pearls and the colors and how fabulous the composition notebook is now! Just lovely.

Sandra said...

Sheila, your book is absolutely gorgeous. I have that stack and I love it. I can't wait to order the Artbooking cartridge. Of course I will be ordering through you!

Charlotte C said...

Beautiful book. I have to go back to the video to get those measurements. I'd like to do this for my granddaughter who starts college soon (am I giving away my age? I was a child bride. lol) Thanks, Sheila.

BethAnn M said...

Hi Sheila, In reply to your question for the DCWV site, try DCWVdeals.com; the reply on YouTube wouldn't let me post it. Hope this helps you and anyone else that is interested. They have some very good prices on their products. BethAnn M.

Java Jen's Creations said...

Your book is sooooo beautiful!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to share all the fabulous details with us!! I will be revisiting this video when I am ready to make one!!