August 23, 2013

Artbooking Makes Altering A Composition Book Easy And Fun!

I had so much fun using my new Artbooking cartridge to alter this notebook. Join me as I take you step by step through this process so you too can have a wonderful new journal to use. Don't you just love these yummy papers? They are from DCWV the wonderful Lemon Flowers stack. I love how nice and bright they are and would love to get another stack but I haven't found it yet.

This is how the front of the book looks with the pearls and flower attached. Isn't it beautiful?

You can see how easy it is to make the pages with CCR. Remember I just turned the real dial size on and then adjusted both sides height and width to get the actual size I needed.

To make the pocket I used terrifically tacky tape or red tape as it is also known so that it would hold the sides and bottom securely.

This is how the two pages looked folded down before I adhered the colored paper to it to form the pocket.

In this photo you can see how I folded the 2 pages to adhere the round divider and it look great when it was done.

Notice I put plenty of zip dry on it.

Then I covered the whole surface to hold the opposite side.

It was simple on the full sized dividers as you could just glue the dividers onto the 2 glued pages. Note I did glue the two pages together before I adhered the divider.

Look how nice this looks.

As you can see it really brought beauty to this book.

Don't you just love this paper? I am going shopping for some flowers and pearls I really think it will add something to the cover.

Here is the glitter divider and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this page.

Here is a close up of the inside cover of the book, notice the wonderful pockets to hold extra goodies. I originally estimated that I spent $25 to $30 but it came in less. I spent $1 on the book, $7 on paper, $7 on glue, $5 on pearls and $2 on the flower for a total of $22. Still a little steep for a composition book, but I am worth it! LOL

Close up of the divider.

Close up of the cover embellishments.

And another close up of the cover.... I just love how this turned out.... It was for a gift and I decided to keep it!
I hope you enjoyed today's post. I know a lot of people alter their composition books this time of year but I haven't seen anyone use the Artbooking cartridge and I really believe that it helped add a lot of dimension and gave it an elegant look.
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to continue share with you. Have a blessed day!
Post a Comment