August 22, 2013

Simple Watercolor Wash


Hello fellow crafting friends! Leah from Paper Blossoms here posting super late due to getting my posting day wrong! So sorry about that. I thought I'd share a very simple but pretty technique I call watercolor wash. For this technique you'll want to use more solid type stamps or silhouette images as you want there to be a strong image that you can blur with the water. You'll also need to use a dye based ink as it will react with the water and give you the bleed you want. The last thing you'll need is watercolor paper so that you won't rip or ball up regular cardstock. I like the multi media paper that has a very smooth finish from Michael's.

All you'll do is stamp your solid image on your watercolor paper and then take a wet paint brush and brush over your image. Darker colors tend to give more of a bleed than lighter colors but you can mix colors to experiment. For my card I used a red and a medium green. It softens your image and also gives your image a nice washed background.

I hope you'll give it a try and thanks so much for stopping by! Have a blessed day :)

Supplies:
*Stamps- Wildflower Garden Papertrey Ink
*Ink-Pure Poppy and Simply Chartreuse Papertrey Ink
*Dies- Half and Half, Double Ended Banner, Doily Details Papertrey Ink
            Fancy Labels 2 Inspired By Stamping
*Embossing Folder Woodgrain by The Paper Studio 

5 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Leah this card is absolutely beautiful. I love the colors you chose and the wonderful design. Thanks for sharing!

Nana said...

Beautiful. Love the sentiment too.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Charlotte C said...

Nice technique, lovely card.

Karon said...

Wonderful and what a neat technique! TFS

Lisa said...

Beautiful card, love that technique.