September 5, 2012

Back to School


Hi scrappers.  This is Kate from Sassy and Scrappy and this month I'm sharing a back to school project.  I like to put something together for my nephew to take to his class and this year I found a crayon box and thought it would be perfect for a little treat.


This is a picture of the box before it's folded.  I used the tools in Silhouette software to change the size of the box for my needs.  I cut a few samples before finding the right size.   




Look at all these fun colors!  I love using a variety of colors and patterns for elementary school age children.


Next I stamped "first day of school" on white card stock and then used a scallop punch which I adhered on some brown card stock.  Punches come in really handy for projects where you're making multiples of an item.  For this project I made 30 treat boxes.  I don't know exactly how many kids are in my nephew's class this year, so I prefer to make more than I think I'll need.


To finish the box I wrapped some ribbon around them and adhered the badges.  Inside of each box is a mini fruit rollup and sticker.


When it comes to school projects my goal is to keep it simple.  I do this for a couple reasons, the first is because I have to make so many.  And secondly, second graders aren't going to really appreciate time, energy or perfection.  So, it's just not worth stressing out...they just want the treat inside anyway!

Recipe:
  • Pattern Paper- Papertrey Ink Bitty Dot Basics
  • Solid Card Stock- Papertrey Ink
  • Ribbon- White 1/4-inch grosgrain Stampin' UP
  • 1-inch scallop punch Martha Stewart
  • 1 1/4-inch circle punch Marvy Uchida
  • Brown Ink- Papertrey Ink
  • Stamp- The Paper Studio
 Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great day!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Very cute boxes. Love the colors. I agree, the children just want what's inside, they don't care about the packaging :(

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

OMG that is just too cute! It's simple enough but you made it adorable with the paper selection. I love how you made the tags too! TFS!

Migdalia said...

Super Duper Cute!!Cool Idea!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Such a great idea - love the boxes:-)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great project. Love the colors you chose. Thanks for sharing.

Rosie said...

these are adorable!!!!!!!!!!


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Cricut Couple said...

These are amazing Kate! I am going to have to try this!

Unknown said...

Great job Kate!!
TFS
Hugs
Adele

Audrey Frelx said...

Kate, love these adorable boxes!!!