September 11, 2012

Noel Tag

Hi Everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations. I am so excited to share with you today. Normally I do not like to participate in swaps because I become overwhelmed  by having to make the same thing over and over.  I stink at mass production. But I was really excited when I was invited to join a swap between my fellow Design Team members at the Bug Bytes and She's A Sassy Lady.  The best part was I only had to make 15. 
The tag very easy to make.  It was all done with dies and stamps. I stated by using the Tim Holtz Tag and Bookplate die.  I cut canvas fabric with the die.  I then glued the fabric to a paper tag from Ranger that is the same size.  I then used Walnut Stain Distress Ink and stamped with a music background stamp. I inked the edges of the tag with Tea Dye Distress Ink.  Then I took a Versamark pad and pushed it directly on to the tag.  I immediately sprinkled Shabby Embossing Powder from Stampendous on top.  I gently heat embossed the the powder.  I then tied a ribbon through the top. 
My next step was to cut the dear from the Tim Holtz die Reindeer Flight. I used CoreDinations paper for the deer.  Using some pine garland strands I had left over from last Christmas, I created a small wreath for each deer.  I tied a small jingle bell to the wreath. I slipped the wreath over the deer's head.  I finally glued the deep and the wreath to the tag.  I add some small red pearl gems to his nose.  As I looked at the tags, I decided it needed a sentiment.  So I stamped and heat embossed red ink and powder "Noel" from Pink By Design.
I know its a tinge early for holiday posts, but I was so happy for finally finishing something early and loving the completed project all at the same time! As always thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and following us here at She's A Sassy Lady and on my personal blog at 217 Creations.

11 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow What an awesome tag.... I can't wait to get mine cut... I have them designed but need to cut and put together. After seeing this beautiful tag I think I need to step up mine a little! Thanks for sharing with us today!

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous tag Liz. I can't wait to get mine done. It's going to be so nice to get tags from all my blogger friends :)

jen said...

Love it! Great job!
Hugs,jen

Audrey Frelx said...

A beautiful tag!!!

Misty Morgan said...

Your tag is simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing your creations.

http://cardsbygeyda.blogspot.com/

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Very pretty! Love the mini jingle bell and the background.

Migdalia said...

Beautiful tag!!Just lovely!TFS

Karons Krafty Korner said...

This is so wonderful - I love the little wreath and bell:-) TFS

Hrvatica said...

Very nice tag. Love the background.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous tag!!! Can't wait to receive mine :)

Cricut Couple said...

This is really beautiful! So elegant! I LOVE IT!