September 14, 2012

Ohh! Scary Little Ghosties!

Hi all! This is Jeannie with Nonnasscraps. I am so excited to be back over here  as guest today. I am always so humbled to be here.


I saw these adorable ghosts in the September 2012 issue of CardMaker magazine and I knew I had to do something with them! Since I subscribe to the digital edition it was easy! I chose the page on my I Pad and sent the PDF page to my printer. I then took the print-out and scanned it, creating a .jpg image on my computer. From there MTC took over and it helped me bring this cuties to life!

4 x 8" cardstock base (to create a 4" sq. card)
1-4" square orange cardstock
1-3.75" square purple cardstock
1-3.5" square black cardstock
6" square white irridescent cardstock (ghosts)
6" square black cardstock (ghost backing)
Embossing glue
Stampendous Kaleidescope Embossing Powder
Hampton Art "Outlines" Stamps (from Michaels)
September 2012 issue of Cardmaker magazine

1. Import the graphic for tracking. I used the default settings and it traced well.  


2. I had a few spots to clean up (note the green circles). With the cut selected, I chose break from the menu; I could simply click on the bits that I did not want and delete.


3. I then duplicated this little guy. I have my settings circled in green. Click on apply.


4. I chose one image and selected the icon to blackout the image. This will become the black backing for the white ghost.

5. Select both images and duplicate for a total of 4 cuts. 


6. I then chose one set and (ghost with eyes and blackout) and decrease the size 1/4". The larger ghost is approximately 2 3/4" long.

7. I arranged the cuts so that I would be able to mat a 6" square on the top and on the bottom. In that way I can cut the ghosts from the correct color -- at the same time! 


8. I layered the squares in this order: 4" orange, 3. 75" purple, 3.5" black. I then stamped the sentiment and the web with the embossing glue. I sprinkled the powder and heat set it. The final step was pop-dotting (is that a word?) the ghosties in their spots. 

Ohh! Scary little ghosties! Have a Boo-tiful month! 







4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Just as cute as can be. Don't you just love making cute little cards like this? Thanks for the great tutorial and sharing with us today!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

So cuite - love the web in the background:-) TFS

Cricut Couple said...

This is just precious! I love the little ghosts!

Audrey Frelx said...

Adorable little ghosts; such a cute card!