September 12, 2012

Easel Framed Card

Hi Crafters :)

Today I'm sharing my post here at Sheila's blog and at my blog

I just recently had a Family reunion in Brighton, my eldest brother came down from Scotland to join us, we had a blast as we hadn't seen him for years, so I wanted to make a special card for my Mum, it's an easel framed card I designed using Fancy Frames as my base, with the phrase from Gypsy Wanderings.


This card measures 5" x 5.5" , it holds a 3.5" x 2.5" sized photo.

All the frame cuts were set at 5", 2 shadow cuts were flipped and welded together to form the base.
The "Family" phrase was cut at 2.75" wide, from GW

I used foam pads (pop dots) to adhere the frames together, then adhere my picture to the back of the opening, next I adhered the assembled frame and picture to my shadow frame, then glued the bottom half of the shadow cut to the folded card frame.


I also used foam pads on the phrase to give the dimension needed to be used as a stopper when the card was erect.


My Mum will love this card with her, my eldest brother and his wife :)

Because of my poorly eyesight right now, I used CCR to design in, though I have made the file available in the Gypsy format too, for those that want it, the files are below

Gypsy file can be downloaded HERE   (Expression mats used)

CCR file can be downloaded HERE  (Imagine mats used)

Thanks for popping by today and thanks Sheila for allowing me to share my DT project with you all :)

Happy Crafting

Hugs

Adele

10 comments:

Nana said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing the file.

Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
Email Me

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card. Love the dimension of it. I'm sure your mother will treasure it.

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Oh My goodness - fabulous Easel card and something to keep always:-) TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adele this card is just awesome I love the detail in the cut in the colors are perfect . you spoil it with the cut files thank you thank you so much . and thank you for sharing with us today .

Audrey Frelx said...

Adele, your easel card really is awesome!!! There's just no way your mom won't love it!! And, what an incentive to get me to pick up my Fancy Frames cart... I haven't even opened it yet!!!

What a wonderful event to be able to see your son after years! I know you and your family are enjoying him!

Unknown said...

Thank so much Ladies, you are all so sweet :)
Hugs
Adele

Unknown said...

Adele this easel card is beautiful!!! Your mom can display it year round!!

Boopster said...

You did a great job on the frame. It is whimsical AND sturdy! The perfect combination. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments :)
Hugs
Adele

Cricut Couple said...

Wow! This is an easel card on steroids! Holy Cow! The thing you can do with your cricut... WOW!!! Stunning!