September 27, 2012

Fall Favorites Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Sassy Dude here from Cricut Couple today with a fun card project for you. I am sorry, but even with a brand new laptop, I can not get my Gypsy files transfered so that I can share them, but I wanted to share the card with you today, just the same.
I used the "Fall Favorites" stamp of the month for this design. It's still available for a couple more days. It's my favorite fall stamp set to date and lots of fun to color. If I could figure out how to use markers, I would probably love it even more. Hee! Hee!
For the scarecrow, I cut a label shape from CTMH Artiste cartridge. It's just a basic shape. I also used a label shape from the same cartridge for the pumpkin stamping on the inside and that's it with the cricut. Everything else is cut with a straight cutter and punch.
I stamped the image with chocolate ink and then used my colored pencils to color all the details. I stamped the word "fall" twice. Once with Olive and once with Autumn Terra Cotta. I cut out the "a" from the terra cotta one and then popped it in the center of the word. I used a straight cutter and cut out a rectangle and then used a rounded corner punch for the corners. The border on the bottom is also stamped repeatedly with chocolate and then colored in the same way as the scarecrow. I also used a border punch on chocolate card stock to make the lacy border on the bottom. For the piece behind the scarecrow, I simply stuck the scarecrow on the paper and then used the straight cutter to cut a 1/4" border around the edge. Then used the rounded corner punch on it as well.
I added a couple of just regular silk autumn leaves behind the word fall. The rest of the papers are from a recollections paper stack that I got a Michael's last year.
For the inside, I just added another label shape with pumpkins stamped and colored the same way as above. The entire card and all layers are edge inked with Autumn Terra Cotta as well.
Well, I hope you enjoyed today's project. I was hoping to have something a little more advanced than this, but time has just not been something I can get my hands around lately. Hee! Hee! Thanks so much to Sheila for letting play again today.

10 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Bobby, you create the most amazing cards, inside and out! Love this, it's awesome!

Audrey Frelx said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Bobby this card is just amazing! I just got this stamp set and can't wait to use it and it is just adorable! I love it. Thanks for sharing your awesome card with us today.

Migdalia said...

A Fabulous Card!!Adorable!!TFS
Migdalia

Lisa said...

Very pretty card, love the coloring.

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Fabulous card and the scarecrow and pumpkin stamps. TFS

Anonymous said...

I love your scarecrow. Colored beautifully.

scootingranny said...

I love this card. I also like how you completed the inside to go so well with the elements on the outside.

Misty Morgan said...

I love your card! Darling scarecrow and the pumpkin stamps. Great job!

Unknown said...

Bobby another wonderful card!! Love the scarecrow!! I also love how you always take the time to make the inside as beautiful as the outside of the card!!