September 3, 2012

Nieces Are Nice Layout




Happy Labor Day!!  Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway today with a spunky layout of my nieces.

I love welding with my Gypsy and really wanted to make a unique background for this picture of Sophie and Sabryna.  I took random words that describe these two sisters and used a variety of fonts and cartridges to create my background.



I am not sure if this is subway art or not, but I have fun making backgrounds like this.  I added some hearts (George) and ready made words (Giggle, Whatever, Splish Splash, Dance and Diva) and created the rest.  Sophie shows horses and Sabryna has always loved piggies.  I think they are beautiful and made sure the picture was just under that word!



Here are the carts I used:  A Child's Year, Birthday Bash, George, Graphically Speaking, Hannah Montana, Home Accent, Home Decor, Mother's Day Bouquet, Rock Princess, Shall We Dance, Varsity Letter and Wall Decor and More.



I usually open a 12x24 mat and put all of my words on the right side initially.  I size them and place them on the left side until all the spaces are filled.  Then I re-size my mat (from the main menu) back to 12x12.  I weld everything together and cut.  I used blue cardstock and carefully mounted it to a light blue cardstock trimmed to 11.75" square.  I mounted the light blue cardstock to the same color blue cardstock I used for the word mesh.





I used Mother's Day Bouquet to make these flowers.  I sized the small ones at 0.73 inches and the bigger ones at 1.12 inches.  I cut them out of pink cardstock and added a pearl to the center.



My sister-in-law took this photo of the girls on picture day last year.  I used mostly blue to match their clothes, but if you look closely you can see the pink flowers in the bush behind them.  That was all I needed for my accent color.



What a fun layout of my nieces.  This one just might be going in a frame for a while!!



Thank you for stopping by today!!



Post a Comment