September 3, 2012

Nieces Are Nice Layout




Happy Labor Day!!  Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway today with a spunky layout of my nieces.

I love welding with my Gypsy and really wanted to make a unique background for this picture of Sophie and Sabryna.  I took random words that describe these two sisters and used a variety of fonts and cartridges to create my background.



I am not sure if this is subway art or not, but I have fun making backgrounds like this.  I added some hearts (George) and ready made words (Giggle, Whatever, Splish Splash, Dance and Diva) and created the rest.  Sophie shows horses and Sabryna has always loved piggies.  I think they are beautiful and made sure the picture was just under that word!



Here are the carts I used:  A Child's Year, Birthday Bash, George, Graphically Speaking, Hannah Montana, Home Accent, Home Decor, Mother's Day Bouquet, Rock Princess, Shall We Dance, Varsity Letter and Wall Decor and More.



I usually open a 12x24 mat and put all of my words on the right side initially.  I size them and place them on the left side until all the spaces are filled.  Then I re-size my mat (from the main menu) back to 12x12.  I weld everything together and cut.  I used blue cardstock and carefully mounted it to a light blue cardstock trimmed to 11.75" square.  I mounted the light blue cardstock to the same color blue cardstock I used for the word mesh.





I used Mother's Day Bouquet to make these flowers.  I sized the small ones at 0.73 inches and the bigger ones at 1.12 inches.  I cut them out of pink cardstock and added a pearl to the center.



My sister-in-law took this photo of the girls on picture day last year.  I used mostly blue to match their clothes, but if you look closely you can see the pink flowers in the bush behind them.  That was all I needed for my accent color.



What a fun layout of my nieces.  This one just might be going in a frame for a while!!



Thank you for stopping by today!!



9 comments:

Charlotte C said...

What a beautiful layout and very clever idea. Lovely page.

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Lori - this is amazing. What a fabulous idea. TFS

Amy said...

Oh wow, this is such an awesome technique! Your page is stunning and so personal. I can't wait to give this a try. TFS!

Amy said...

Oh wow, this is an awesome technique! I love how you've made this stunning LO so personal. Can't wait to try THIS--TFS!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Love this layout and the word mat that you made for it. Isn't it great what the Gypsy can do to help you along on these layouts? This is just awesome! Thanks for sharring.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

This is just so adorable!

Created by Kathi said...

Boy what a great and so personal idea! Love the way your page turned out and you got to have fun designing it... thanks for sharing your design ideas too starting with the larger mat! AWESOME! Kathi

Cricut Couple said...

I love your word collage designs Lori! This is another masterpiece!

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, love your collage page!!! Woonderful job as always!