June 12, 2010

Beach Page With Sydney, Another Late SOUS Challenge That Qualifies At Frosted Designs and Practical Scrappers!

Our little Sydney just loves the beach. This was from last summers vacation and I am finally getting a few of these layouts done. When I saw the SOUS sketch I knew I had the perfect photos for this page. I just wish I could get back in step and get them done before their challenge is through.... Maybe I can talk them into emailing me a copy each week!!! lol. This layout also qualifies for the Frosted Designs Challenge, Practical Scrappers and still another Practical Scrappers challenge where we were to use a kitchen item... I accomplished that too!  Write me if it was your blog and I will link it. May I suggest that you click on the some of the photos as you can see the glistening a little better.
Look at all these yummy papers that make up this page. I used DCWV Home Stack for the sandy looking background that just glistens like the sand. and then the sun and waves are from My Minds Eye, again a glittery paper. I used scraps for the shells, crab and seahorse and stickled to make them glisten too.
I used the netting from the Baby Bel Gouda cheese to make a fish net.
And pulled the anchor off this old necklace that is no longer being used to add a little charm to the page.
See how well the colors seem to blend...
I cut all my little pieces out but didn't have time to put together the page sooo I made a kit.
I swear by these little pocket pages that I purchased from Creative Memories. First I choose all the papers and place them in the pocket along with the photos so they are ready to cut. I choose papers for 3 projects at once one evening that I couldn't sleep. With my busy schedule I cut when I have the time (usually on my morning off) and then put it together when I get the chance. It is hard to get all things done in the summer as my work hours increase and so do the demands on family life. You have all seen my little card kits and they are easy to carry and complete anywhere but my pages stay at home unless going to a crop. 
When I start a page the first thing I do is put all the little components together.
I used SU Crystal Effects to adhere all my glitter so everything would just sparkle.
This is the glitter I used, it was leftover from my Skating With Willie page. I used a mixture of the Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter and Highlight Warm glitter to add sparkle to it.
First I added a heavy coat to the seahorse and then added the glitter. I let the glitter stand and dry on it before brushing off so it would absorb more.
For my little crab I just used a little crystal effects on the claws and then sprinkle glitter on that. The red paper had a glitter in it already, but I didn't brush a lot of the excess off either! I applied the little google eyes. Be sure to click on this photo so you can see just how handsome this little guy is!
I put glitter on a few of the star fish and then place all in the netting and wove a ribbon through the ribbon and drew it all together.
If you look closely you can see the large glue dot. I used 3 to hold the netting down.
Then I starting just setting everything on the page so my spacing would be right before using my Zip Dry Glue.
The crab is adhered onto the netting with 2 medium glue dots. I placed the ships wheel in the netting and the anchor is under the netting almost like it were sitting on the sand.
Close up of the waves all equally spaced and lifted ever so slightly to offer motion and depth.
My seahorse needed something more so I got the handy stickles out and WOW what a difference.
And a few more stickle on his chest completes the look.
Even my flower glistens in that sun with a little help of some glitter.
Now isn't that cute? He is such a happy little guy.
Here is a close up of the waves.... you just gotta love this paper on this project and it cut perfectly on my Cricut with the blade set on 6 and in only 1 cut!
This is my page of our beautiful little Sydney. It sure was a fun page to do. Here is a copy of this Sassy-Beach page.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
I am always encouraged by your sweet - sweet words. Your comments inspire me to keep scrapping and sharing things with you.

signature

29 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Okay... so you were a little too slow for the SOUS challenge...but you totally ROCKED the FD challenge!!! I LOVE all your bling!! And using the net was brilliant!! This is a fabulous page... I will definitely be borrowing a few of these ideas!!!
Barb :)

**Treefrog** said...

Wow I'm Lovin this, what great idea's! I'm working on a beach LO and lovin the net idea, I use these "extras" all the time, don't you just love it! So GREAT TFS!
http://binkyblossoms.blogspot.com/

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Shelia, your layouts are always just amazing... you always add that little extra touch.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I left you something on my blog Shelia.

Unknown said...

Better late than never!!! LOVE all the details you used to make this fabulous layout!!!

I also love how you share your time-management tips!!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

cute lo, love the use of the baby bell net!

Debbie said...

Too cute Shelia. Love the little crab and the netting. Love the background paper with the sun. Perfect for your adorable layout!

Granny said...

This is a beautiful page and it reminds me of the beach and the sun shining off the sand. Love all the colors.

craftymrs said...

Wow! The detailing you have on this layout is amazing. You inspire me to use glitter :)

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Too cute! Love the netting!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, wow, Sheila, you rocked this one GF! Don't worry about being a day late .. getting the pge done is what it's realy all about, right? I would so love to see this one in person with all that glistening. Love the netting idea, I've seen it with flowers but is so perfect for your beach page! Like Barb, I may have to steal a few ideas!

Audrey Frelx said...

Another pretty layout, Sheila! And, little Sydney is just adorable!!!

Susan said...

Love this Sheila!! The net was genious!!!

Laura said...

Wow the layout looks beautiful!

Thanks for sharing at Saturday is Crafty Day!
Laura @ along for the ride

Angi Barrs said...

That's so cute that you used the netting from the Baby Bel Gouda cheese to make a fish net. Love this layout!

imafarmgirl said...

The greatest compliment I can give you is that I am want to scraplift your layout!! I LOVE IT!! And it will give me a push to try adding some glitter.Hugs!

MrsANS said...

Awesome job!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Sheila.... this is just fabulous!!!!! Love, love love all the details, the papers, the colors, everything is amazing! You never cease to amaze me... Happy Sunday!

Gramjak said...

So beautiful -- and Sydney is adorable!

Lisa said...

That page is absolutely beautiful. I love the idea with the net. Who would have thought.

Sasya said...

oh, your layout is SO sunny~!!! adorable!! i love how you used glitter~!!
thank you for playing along with Practical Scrappers this week~!!

hugs,
Sasya

Pam said...

LOVE the LO. What a FAB job you did with the loose glitter challenge at Practical Scrappers. The kitchen item challenge you are referring to might be our June Bonus Challenge called “Behind Closed Cupboards”. Here’s the link to check it out: http://www.practicalscrappers.com/p/monthly-challenges.html

Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week.

scrappinlil said...

Wow you did an awesome job...I love the netting , crab, seahorse...oh heck I love it all..TFS

Karen said...

Awesome use of the "fishnet"! Great way to go into your cupboard and find something unique and useful for scrapbooking! Thank you for joining our monthly bonus challenge here at Practical Scrappers!

~Karen

June said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! You are truly amazing!!!! Love your idea with the netting and all the glitter!!! You truly are inspiring!! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent!!!!

Rina said...

Здорово!!!

Unknown said...

Well, where do I begin with this one! I love your incredible details on how you put the page together! These are gorgeous photos and like I said,so much fun detail for us to see in this one. I especially love the net and the fun little crab! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Desings and Practical Scrappers this week!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

all the days of our life said...

This is GORGEOUS.

Joni Parker said...

Love love the netting..what a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs.