June 7, 2010

Bicycle Easel Card

Hi Again! I am LORI and I am once again a Guest Designer for Sassy!! Seems like I was just here...that is because I was just here Friday! So glad to be back!!

My Gypsy is still not back from her "spa" visit, so I switched my focus a bit for this project. I was on youtube watching some videos from www.splitcoaststampers.com and was intrigued. I usually don't make cards, but the Easel Card and Tri-Fold card looked fun so I gave them a try! My easel card was a bit more Sassy than the other, so here is what I made!



This easel card is 4 1/2 x 8 1/2 for the base with a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 front. Click HERE for the link to the video.

I got to try out my brand new Martha Stewart score board!





Once I made the card base, I needed an image to put on it. This is the difficult part for me! I wanted to use my new Independence Day cartridge and I really liked the bicycle. I did not necessarily want this card to be a holiday card, so I used pink and purple instead of red and blue.

I totally guessed at what size would fit the card and I got lucky on my first guess. Now, if I had my Gypsy, I would have been able to size the bicycle on a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 square. I cut a white bicycle at 2 inches. I then cut a black bicycle at 2 inches. Call me weird, but I wanted the tires black!!





I cut off the black streamers and then glued the black bike on top of the white bike.

I cut two layers at 2 inches, one in metallic silver and one in pink.



Once I assembled the layers on the bike, it was still missing something. I dug out my stickles and pink gemes and Sassified!

As the stickles was drying, I found some girly paper (not easy for a mom of all boys) and cut it 4 1/4 x 4 1/4. I used some paper left over from a K&co. paper pack I bought for Valentine's Day.



I took a scrap piece of blue (the same color as the card) and stamped on it with a stamp from InkaDinkaDo ~ Thoughts for the Day set. I found this set at Michaels and got it on sale and used an extra 15% off coupon on Monday (score).



I put the sentiment on the card and added a gem for the dot on the i. I used pop dots to raise the bicycle up and stuck it down "pop-a-wheelie" style! I put some gems on the bottom of the card to hold it upright.

The card is sitting on my craft table, and everytime I look at it I like it more!



Thanks again for having me on your blog Sassy!! It is always such an honor!

15 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Very cute card. Love that bicycle.

nikki said...

I'm gonna have to check out that fold. I've been working on a Father's day card for my dad for about 3 weeks! Inspiration is just not striking :(

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori, this is a beautiful card. I love the bicycle and the look of movement it offers. You know I love the bling! Thanks for sharing your talent with us today.

The Cropping Canuck said...

Love the card and I think I need those stamps!

Snowmanlover said...

This is darling, Lori! Isn't Sheila the best!!!

Becky Roper said...

Lori, This is a really cute card. I love the stamp! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Absolutely too adorable. I love it all. Thanks for sharing Lori.

Sentimental Scrapper said...

I absolutely love the bike, especially the glitter! Adorable!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Love that bicycle on the card. Gotta try this one!

Jodie R said...

Wow! I love the bicycle! This card is too cute for words! Great job!

Lissanne said...

I love this card, esp. the bike!! So cute!!

Debbie said...

Such a cute card - love the bicycle!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Lori. Left a comment on your blog re: this project but I wanted to let you know here too, I think is just too cute!

P.S. Hi, Sheila!!!

June said...

WOW - love this bike!!!!!!!!!!!! Really like the easel card and will have to try it!!!! TFS!!

Barb Craft said...

I have been wanting to make one of these forever!! Thanks for the lesson!! Can't wait to give it a try!!
Barb :)