June 3, 2010

Sassy Gift Box - MyaMagoo Style

This is such a wonderful project and I guarantee you will want to make this little box over and over again. What a wonderful way to present a gift. My thanks to our very own MyaMagoo for this design at Design~Create~Inspire. My work scheduled me with no days off for this week and last other than Sunday. This left me with many projects to complete and not enough time...  I asked, and Crystal came to the rescue with her very own Hexagon Box. And it cut perfectly! All you need to cut this design is GW, PS and AE. I used Heritage for the Cameo for my design and Forever Young for the hat which I used as a gift tag. This gives it a look of a ladies hat box.
This is the design and I have touched the preview button so you can see how it is actually going to cut while allowing you to see the complete design. (Note: if you download this file just be sure to delete the cart letters on the top left or they will  cut too.) I knew by looking at the design this would cut perfectly so I didn't even try a test cut!
All I did was add a Cameo and the Hat and it was ready to cut... I didn't even save that as I figured what ever the occasion, whom ever the receiver the art or decorations will change for that person.
Aren't these papers yummy? Hobby Lobby has wonderful designer paper for $1.99 per sheet that is just awesome.... be sure to buy when on sale or you have a coupon.
This is a very important step in this project... scoring. You really need to take the time to score properly for this design to come together perfectly. After you score be sure to fold and crease the edge as shown so it comes together with clean crisp edges.
See how every side edge is folded and ready.
Then I did the Hexagon. Take it slow and concentrarte. There are no score lines as you really don't need them. Just score from edge to edge on each flap, as shown below.
Now I used a heavy glitter paper so I recommend Zip Dry Glue for that, your ATG tape will not hold on glitter paper... I tried, it will not hold.
Do the same process for your lid but before glueing together be sure to add any decorations on the lid while you can still lie it flat. Then place glue on the edges and bring up the sides. Because my top was mainly paper I put it together first and let it dry. Then after I put the bottom together I placed the lid on it to hold in place while it dried. Make sure you don't have any excess glue from the bottom touching the lid though or you will not be able to get them apart.
I used the Zip Dry to adhere the cameo to the lid?
It looks so pretty and feminine.
See how nicely it fits together.
I made the tag from the Forever Young cart, 2 pieces glued together with a little feather in between.
And of course the little hat will fit nicely in the box. I cut it from the scrap edges while cutting the box base.
Added a little flower and it was good to go.
Don't you just love this little box? So easy, less than 5 minutes to cut and only about a 30 to 45 minutes to put together.
I want to thank Crystal aka MyaMagoo at Design~Create~Inspire for rescuing me and allowing me to share with all our Tuesday Treats and ShesASassyLady followers the opportunity to not only see for the first time this awesome box but to actually have a copy of this Magoo Hexagon Box Gypsy File!!! You are awesome MyaMagoo and I feel privledged to have presented one of your designs. Thank you for that opportunity!
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
I am always encouraged by your sweet - sweet words. Your comments inspire me to keep scrapping and sharing things with you and that goes for both Crystal and myself!
signature

19 comments:

Sandy Hentzel said...

This is beautiful! So creative, THF! Now I just have to figrue out how to get it on my gypsy. (newbie here, lol)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Adorable and useful box, love it! Thanks for sharing!

amylynne said...

Very pretty! I love the design of the box!
Oh......my Hobby Lobby has those papers Half price this week! Thought I would let ya know.

Denise said...

Wow! What a beautiful box!! I'm loving it!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh it's just gorgeous, thank you for sharing it.
Of course we don't have a hobby Lobby here in Ukiah :-(

love2create said...

what a great box and such beautiful paper! thanks for sharing!

217 Creations said...

AMAZING!!! I am in love with the cameo and paper! The design . . . I am speechless! Yeah Sassy and Mya!

Unknown said...

Beautiful box!!! I love the paper and the cameo!

Angi Barrs said...

What a cute idea. I need to give it a try :)

Granny said...

I would love to get a gift in a box this pretty, I could then store things in it later.

SweetSassyDiva said...

she's amazingly talented isn't she! TFS!

magicwanda said...

What a great lttle box....awesome design!
Thanks so much for sharing
Wanda :-D

papillon digital design said...

lovely box. I see chester flew there as soon as we gt back :)

Beth said...

Love how you put this together. It looks great! Love the instructions.


thunderbirdlindy

CuddlyBunny said...

Glittery paper box! Yay!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Jun. 04, 2010. Thanks again.

Cheryl Boglioli said...

Magoo and Sassy make such a great combination! This box is perfect and adorable. I am going to download this file and use it for a project I need for my LSS DT. THANK YOU so much.

Sentimental Scrapper said...

What a pretty box! Thanks for sharing the cut file!

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, as always you've just embellished this so beautifully!!! What a wonderful gift this is going to make someone!!!