June 11, 2010

Applying Vinyl In A Few Easy Steps

Hey everyone, this is Kimberly and I am so excited that it is my turn to share another project with you!  Be sure to stop by my My Craft Spot, for more fun projects and vidoes!

I love to put vinyl sayings on my walls, especially for holiday decorations!  Today's project is a fun reminder for my kids bathroom.  I actually saw this on the wall at our dentist's office:


Vinyl lettering is so fun and easy to do with the cricut!  The Lyrical Letters cartridge is my favorite for vinyl lettering  (Easy to weed!).  Here is a video showing how I cut and 'weeded the vinyl'.  I also show you how to put it on the wall. :-)



Be sure to check out my blog, My Craft Spot , for more cards, scrapbook layouts and videos! I made these fun cards using the Create a Critter and the Just because Cards Cricut cartridges.




Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What an awesome video teaching us all about vinyl application. I learned so much and can't wait to try this method. Look out walls, here I come!

Unknown said...

Awesome job!! Great job with the video!!! I love being able to center and align the words on my Gypsy when using vinyl!

Nubian Crafter said...

Great video... thank you for sharing your tips... BTW, I love the blog, keep up the great work!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Great video and fabulous idea. Thank you for sharing!

Audrey Frelx said...

Great video and a great job! Thanks for the tip on using the shelf liner, much less expensive!

Thanks for sharing!

Deanna Mulder said...

Thanks for the great video on vinyl. I am going to look for that contact paper at Walmart next time I go there.

Barb Craft said...

This is a fabulous video!! I have been wanting to do one of these forever... now I will just have to give it a try!!
Barb :)

Jamiecrafts said...

I love it, I'm going to do it TODAY!!! also thanks for the chart for the settings, i was just looking for mine 2 days ago and couldnt find it and couldnt remember where i had printed it out at, so now i'm off to Joy's site to find it again, THANKS!

http://cutecardsandcraftsbyjamie.blogspot.com

Granny said...

This is great, I only wish it were on my wall when I had children at home. Thanks for sharing this.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Love your saying... "only the ones you want to keep"...

217 Creations said...

Love that saying!!!

Lisa said...

That's awesome. I know that transfer tape comes in so handy when you have a large saying or picture. Great job.

Turnedgypsy said...

Girl I so wish you live near me to show me a trick or two. I have only been papercrafting since this year. I love your blog.

http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

GIVEAWAYS EACH WEEK

rules at top of my blog

Debbie Bakk said...

Great job on the video..I haven't tried the vinyl with transfer tape yet, so maybe I will get the chance this weekend- since I ordered 3 colors and transfer tape from cricutmachine.com on memorial day at 50% off. thanks

Beebeebabs said...

Great video tfs

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Just got back from camping to find all of your sweet comments! Thanks! :-)

By the way, if you want the cutting chart, you can download it from Joy at www.obsessedwithscrapbooking.com