June 24, 2010

You & Me - Debbie's Debut!

Hi everyone, I'm Debbie of Love Life's Little Pleasures and I'm so excited to be a part of the great team of designers for She's A Sassy Lady.  I was thrilled when Sheila asked me to be a designer.  I mainly do layouts and once in awhile a cards.  I never realized what went into making a tutorial until now.  I hope that I cover all of my steps so that you see scrapbooking from my perspective. 
I have had this picture of my son and his Pop-Pop sitting on my desk for ages.  When I saw this new paper by Little Yellow Bicycle I had to have it.  I thought it would go perfectly with the picture.
I always like to have an extra piece of paper if it is detailed and has items on it that I would want to cut out.  I cut out several elements from the paper and added pop up dots for extra dimension.

I used a Sizzix die for the clouds.  After cutting out the first cloud, I took some embroderiery floss and stitched for some dimension.  Then I inked the edges and added some pop up dots. For additional clouds I  traced the Sizzix cloud twice and added some stitching with a light blue pen.  I also inked the edges.

I just got the new Cricut cartridge Cindy Loo and fell in love with the tree.  I cut out two bases of the tree at 5 1/2 inches and used some pop up dots, again for dimension.  I used some Bazzill dotted swiss paper for the top of the tree.  I noticed that the Little Yellow Bicycle paper had a glossy finish to it, so I decided to use some CTMH Liquid Glass on the dotted swiss paper.  Once it was dry I added some buttons.
I added a border at the top of the page which I had from a monthly kit.  I added pop up dots again for dimension.
I used Doodlecharms to cut out two suns at 3 inches.  I cut the rays off of one and popped it up with more pop up dots.  I then used a brown marker to add some stitching on the rays.
I added a rubon from Lily Bee Designs for the title.
I hope you have enjoyed my little tutorial.  I have enjoyed sharing my techniques with you and look forward to sharing another layout with you next month.
Post a Comment