June 24, 2010

You & Me - Debbie's Debut!

Hi everyone, I'm Debbie of Love Life's Little Pleasures and I'm so excited to be a part of the great team of designers for She's A Sassy Lady.  I was thrilled when Sheila asked me to be a designer.  I mainly do layouts and once in awhile a cards.  I never realized what went into making a tutorial until now.  I hope that I cover all of my steps so that you see scrapbooking from my perspective. 
I have had this picture of my son and his Pop-Pop sitting on my desk for ages.  When I saw this new paper by Little Yellow Bicycle I had to have it.  I thought it would go perfectly with the picture.
I always like to have an extra piece of paper if it is detailed and has items on it that I would want to cut out.  I cut out several elements from the paper and added pop up dots for extra dimension.

I used a Sizzix die for the clouds.  After cutting out the first cloud, I took some embroderiery floss and stitched for some dimension.  Then I inked the edges and added some pop up dots. For additional clouds I  traced the Sizzix cloud twice and added some stitching with a light blue pen.  I also inked the edges.

I just got the new Cricut cartridge Cindy Loo and fell in love with the tree.  I cut out two bases of the tree at 5 1/2 inches and used some pop up dots, again for dimension.  I used some Bazzill dotted swiss paper for the top of the tree.  I noticed that the Little Yellow Bicycle paper had a glossy finish to it, so I decided to use some CTMH Liquid Glass on the dotted swiss paper.  Once it was dry I added some buttons.
I added a border at the top of the page which I had from a monthly kit.  I added pop up dots again for dimension.
I used Doodlecharms to cut out two suns at 3 inches.  I cut the rays off of one and popped it up with more pop up dots.  I then used a brown marker to add some stitching on the rays.
I added a rubon from Lily Bee Designs for the title.
I hope you have enjoyed my little tutorial.  I have enjoyed sharing my techniques with you and look forward to sharing another layout with you next month.

22 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

wow look at this ... where do i begin? from the clouds , the cute little tree , and look at that sun, this page is perfect! and look at that adorable photo! love the paper and your color choices . thank you for being a part ofthe Sassy design team !

papillon digital design said...

What a great Layout. I also do the same with some papers. Just love how it pops up the page.

Joanna said...

Awesome LO! I love all the details! great job! ;)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

This is adorable! Love the pop you gave the LO. You are right, this paper is yummy!
MelissaMade

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love how you stitched the clouds, what a cute idea... and all the extra little details you added, great layout.

Unknown said...

This LO is soooo cute!! Love the colors and buttons!

Angi Barrs said...

What a beautiful layout. Love the bright summery colors :)

amylynne said...

Beautiful layout! Love how you pulled everything together.

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, just wanted to say "hi" to you too!

Audrey Frelx said...

Debbie, what a great layout!!! And you did a wonderful job on the tutorial too!

*BJ* said...

Cute layout, great job on the tutorial and I think the pic of your son is cuter yet on your cute layout.

kimmie said...

i love the buttons!!! such great detail!

217 Creations said...

I love how it all works together! Your details are awesome!!! Congrats on your debut! You rocked it!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

wow... fabulous page! Congratulations and welcome!

Lisa said...

That picture is so sweet. Love the layout, I love all the colors and the way you added dimension to make it pop. Very nice.

Barb Craft said...

Debbie... I am so glad you are sharing your techniques with us because I am always in awe of your LOs!! You do such an amazing job with all the layering!! thanks for giving us a peek at how you did it!!
barb :)

Granny said...

This page is adorable I like the way everything seems to jump out at you. Your baby is a cutie.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this page! The attention to detail is my idea of perfection! Thank you for sharing.

Denine said...

This is an adorable layout Debbie. I love the way you did your tutorial.. so perfect. I am amazed that you did this with 3 pieces of paper. I just found out about Little Yellow Bicycle.. cute papers.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great tute Debbie .. saw your lo on your blog yesterday but didn't make it over here til now .. neat to see it start to finish!

Gramjak said...

Great ideas... Love the trees and the use of dimensions,

Such a great memory!

Nanne said...

Wonderful Deb.. I'm so glad you shared a little bit your talent with us ladies.. I absolutely love love love all of your layouts.. You have always been such an inspiration to me..
hugs
Nanné