June 21, 2010

Enter To Win Get Better Gator Card Kit

Hello, I thought we would do a Get Better card from Create A Critter today! Isn't he adorable? He is so easy to make you will want to use this cute file over and over again. This layout is very similar to last weeks card and the instructions will be similar. My paper is from DCWV's Animal Crackers Stack and the file cuts perfectly. I have been using a 12x24" mat lately and really love that mat as I canget an entire project done in  1 simple cut.
I originally cut out the heading in baby blue but it just faded into the card so I quickly grabbed paper from my leftover bin and WOW what a difference a little color made. Note I did not throw the light blue out I just glued the lime green on top of the blue and it was more like chipboard then.
I gathered the pieces together.
Make sure you score your paper for a straight fold as my window is so close it could give you a hard time if you don't.
I added a little in on the fold so that when I cut the inside lining it would match up nicely.
When I finally was ready to put together my little kit, I first started by making sure I had all the pieces.
I put the gator together first.
Trimmed the inside lining ever so slightly as you can see. It is just the size of the fold.
I glued the 2 sides together, using Zip Dry Glue and it was so much easier that when I used the Xyron as I could position easier.
Place the lining in for writting notes on.
Add the lettering and adhere to the front of the card.
Then attatch your Gator.
Almost done.
Add his little eyes. Then add stickles to the spikes along his back.
Isn't he adorable? I sure hope you like today's card, I know enjoyed making this little guy! Some lucky lady is going to get this kit to make a little Get Better Gator Card Kit sent directly to their home. All you need to do is make a comment by Sunday 8 PM on 6/27/10 and watch for the announcement on Monday morning by 6AM on 6/28/10. It's that easy! But at ShesASassyLady, everyone is a winner because this is the Get Better Gator Gypsy File and this is the Get Better Gator DS File for you to download.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
So be sure to leave a comment and make sure I know how to reach you. I am always encouraged by your sweet - sweet words, they inspire me to keep scrapping and sharing things with you.
signature

24 comments:

Kraftychick said...

Really, really cute card - TFS! Love this cart!
jackie

jkraftchick at triad dot rr dot com

papillon digital design said...

Oh my! this is so cute. I even have an alligator in our community lake so pick me, pick me

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

he is so cute! Very meaningful to me since I am a GATOR GIRL and so is my daughter!!!!! Happy Monday!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

He is adorable Shelia..

Angi Barrs said...

Love that cute paper on the font. So cute!

Bernice said...

Love the paper. Thanks for sharing.
marionment@msn.com

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Very cute Sheila! Love the papers!! OH and I also love the 12 x 24 mat for the same reason!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Super cute!!

217 Creations said...

So cute Shelia!!!

Unknown said...

I don't know what is cuter ~ the card or the paper you used!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Sheila!!! That is the cutest "gator" get well card! You've done your usual great job!!!

Debbie said...

This is so cute Shelia. You come up with the cutest cards!

LadybugCarrie said...

Super cute! Love it! :-)

Laura said...

What a cute card!! Thanks for tip on using the 12x24 mat. I never thought of that.

Laura
renicker at yahoo dot com

gr8mom52 said...

Such a cute card! I love it and the colors are great!
Thank you for the inspiration,
Maritza
http://gr8mom52.blogspot.com

Marion said...

I is amazing how a little color made a BIG difference. Great as always.

Anonymous said...

How adorable! Love the card ~ :)

sounders72 @ aol.com

suez said...

What a cute card. I love this cart!
Suez

Marty said...

I love your card. Both my grandsons are getting their tonsils taken out on July seventh so this is wonderful inspiration for me to get them both a card made. I have AK which I'm sure I could caome up with something and download your file to my G for this one. Thanks!

VeronicaA said...

Gotta love that gator! That get well card is adorable. Your projects are fabulous. Thanks for sharing.
Veronica
vballen@comcast.net

June said...

He is soooo cute!!!!! I love all of your creations!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Barb Craft said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! All of your cards are soooo adorable!!
barb :)

bandit said...

So adorable. You always do great cards.

Charlotte Cornett said...

Adorable!!! You do an amazing job on cards!