November 12, 2010

Celebrate the Season - Fun and easy things to do with ribbon!

Hey everyone, this is Kimberly and I am so excited that it is, once again, my turn to share another project with you!  Be sure to stop by my My Craft Spot, for more fun projects and vidoes!

I love Christmas and how it turns my thoughts towards things most important in life . . . family, Jesus Christ, serving others and being thankful for all I have.  I love the decorations, the snow, the beautiful music and the yummy foods made only this time of year.

For now, I am trying to get a head start on my stash of Christmas cards and gift tags! 


All of the sentiments on the card and tag are stamps from My Pink Stamper.  The cardstock is a mix from my stash, but mostly Crate Paper. The overall card measures 5 3/4 inches by 5 3/4 inches.  The red paper is a 5 1/2 square.  The green is 5 x 5 inches and the cream square is 4 3/4 x 4 3/4.


 The deer and trees are from Gypsy Wanderings.  I cut the deer at 3.08 inches and the trees at 3.43, 2.92 and 3.55.


Scroll down for videos showing how I made the gathered border and how to crochet the sweet little flower!


I used Cranberry Crinkle Ribbon from My Craft Spot for the ruffled border and for the bow.


I inked everything with Walnut and Tea Dye distress inks.


This tree was cut from Gypsy Wanderings at 3.55.  I cut it twice.  Once in brown and once in green.  Then I trimmed off the bottom of the green so I could layer it on top of the brown.


Scroll down for videos showing how to make the Crinkle Ribbon Flower and the Crocheted flower!



Videos:

Part One:  Gathered Crinkle Ribbon



Part Two:  Crinkle Ribbon Flower



Part Three: Crocheted Flower



Be sure to check out my blog, My Craft Spot , for more cards, projects and videos! I made these fun cards and ornaments using some of my favorite Cricut cartridges and my Hand Dyed Crinkle Ribbon.




Have a great weekend!!

10 comments:

papillon digital design said...

Such an elegant card! And lovely tutorials especially loved the crocheted ones!

Barb Craft said...

Beautiful card!! And the videos were fantastic! thanks for sharing these with us!
barb :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Your card is so beautiful and festive, they are just perfect. Thank you so much for the great videos, I love to watch you work and you always make it so easy to learn from you. Thank You for being with us today and sharing your talent.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

beautiful card & tag!

Granny said...

Beautiful card and wonderful tag. I like the ribbon you used.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh my gosh!!! These are so awesome! I am so glad I found your blog via the cricut message board!!!

flowerdisco said...

you are so talented! your work is always so beautiful and well done. TFS!

GabyCreates.com said...

Great projects and video tutorial!
Gaby

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love what you do with ribbon!!

Audrey Frelx said...

What a beautiful card!!!