November 3, 2010

Fun Fall Layout


Hello my scrappy friends. This is Kate from Sassy and Scrappy and I have a wonderful fall LO to share with you today. I took these pictures last week and was totally inspired to get them scrapped. I love fall, the colors and smells that lead to Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Here is the original layout I designed in my Gypsy. You will notice a scarecrow in this picture that didn't end up on the layout. I kept him though! I also added a lot more leaves.















On this layout I sewed two pieces of paper together. To do this I used tape to attach the cardstock together (see picture). It worked, but it isn't very strong. In the future I think adding a strip of paper to the back of the 2 pieces of cardstock would be a better option.


Here is a picture of the paper in my Janome Sew Mini. I love this little thing.

In this picture you can see the stitching


Here is a close-up of the title and journal tag


And here are the two pages of the layout

Details:
•Mat sizes 4 1/2 x 6 1/2-inches
•Title-"Fall" cut from the Country Life at 3.75-inches
•Title Mat-Lacy Labels 4.08-inches
•Maple leaves-Create A Critter cut at 2, 2 1/4, 2 1/2-inches
•"Other" leaves-Everyday Paper Dolls cut at 3 1/4, 3 1/2, 5-inches
•Journal Envelope-Die Cut from Papertrey Ink
•Journal Tags-Papertrey Ink
•Satin Ribbon from Papertrey Ink
•Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
•Ink from StampinUp!, Papertrey Ink and Colorbox Chalk
•Brown Cardstock-SEI
•Pattern Paper-MME 'Ooh La La'
•Basic Grey yellow brads

A big thanks to Sheila! I hope you enjoyed this layout and thanks for letting me share it with all of you! Thank you for all your wonder comments as they inspire me.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Kate ~ I love the stitching on your layout!! I also love the journaling pocket (I push journaling a lot in my classes so we can write our history). Your fall photos look so fun!

Barb Craft said...

kate... your title is spectacular!! And I love all the leaves fluttering about!!
barb :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kate what a great layout, love your color choices. The journaling pocket is awesome! Love all the leaves on the bottom of the page, you must have inked and chalked them to get them so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us today!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a wonderful lo... love the stitching

Audrey Frelx said...

Kate, very well done!!! Wonderful layout!

Bamabel said...

Beautiful page! I love the stitching you added!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Gorgeous Layout Kate! Love the gorgeous colors!